Chapter 11: Three Scrolls

I opened her locker and found nothing inside but a long-stemmed red rose with a scroll attached to it. I grew curious and decided to open the scroll and roll it back again later. I didn't expect anything and I was shocked to see what's written on the scroll,

It reads:

"Hey Kris! Please go to the school lobby. ASAP."

That girl. Am I being set up with some kind of blind date again? I was so curious so I went to the lobby.

A man who I don't recognize gives me another long-stemmed red rose and vanishes. There's another scroll attached to it so I opened it,

It says:

Roses are red,

Violets are blue;

Your next destination is right infront of you.

After I read the scroll out aloud, there were candles that suddenly lit up the dark pathway. I walked on the dark aisle surrounded with the candles and saw a chair.

Another long-stemmed red rose is lying on the chair with another scroll attached to it. I'm getting kind of pissed off and curious at the same time.

"Is this some kind of game?! I still need to give Louise the ice cream! What if it melts even if it's in the fridge? You can't rely on rusty appliances right now you know." I told myself angrily.

I opened the third scroll and it reads:

Never did I see beauty like yours;

Ought to be recognized but hidden in the depths with fine ores;

Tonight will be you're night;

You'll be the queen of this cold dreary night.

Sit on the chair my lady,

And wait for my instructions patiently.

I sat on the chair with curiosity and anger holding the three roses with my right hand. Well, I admit, whoever wrote the two scrolls must be good with words.

I can't see anything because the place is dark. The lights were turned off and the only thing giving light are these candles. The candles were blown by an air which is cold and freaky. Okay, this place is already creeping me out.

"So this is what blind people feel, it ain't good." I told myself.

All of a sudden, two people grabbed me.

"Wait, what are you doing?!" I asked.

One of them blindfolded me, the other tied both of my hands. I shivered and asked,

"Where.. are you taking me?"

I received no response and fear slowly crept down my spine. I followed them obediently and after a while the two of them stopped. I heard them move another chair and I was terrified. Could it be an electric chair? Nah, I didn't do anything wrong, did I?

Besides, I was just going to get Jane's Math book so she couldn't possibly trick me, right?

But what if she's been kidnapped and someone else texted me using her phone to trap me?!

Nasty thoughts were coming in my head and I couldn't help but shed tears.