Chapter 8: Second Best

The school bell rang and I got up grabbed my things and quickly dashed out of the classroom and to the school's bulletin board.

A lot of people were crowding infront and staring aimlessly at the glass case of the corkboard where the results were posted; chattering continuously whether the results they got were good or bad.

I stammered and pushed with the people to see the results..

I saw my name.. posted with an average score of 97 in total.. just next to..

LOUISE!?

Who's average is a perfect 100?

What the--- is he human?

"Wow, look at him!"

"He's first again."

"Isn't this the usual? Since he came to this school he's always been ranked first, and he's twin.. SECOND!"

second...

Second..

SECOND.....

Boy, I hate that word. This is what people are talking about and I felt my heart is breaking apart.

How come!? But I study so hard, and HE doesn't even look at a single page of the textbook and still get a perfect score in everything!? That's not even possible for a human brain! I mean.. somehow that guy's gotta study.

I stand there, concentrating my eyes on the results hoping that the positions would change magically but I guess I'm just wasting my time since nothing will eventually happen even if I stare at the results for hours.

"Look! You're second again!"

I turned around and saw Louise. He's definitely not making me feel better. I faced him and gave a deep sigh.

"The only reason you always get first is because I'm bad in sports!" I reasoned out.

"That's right!" he snickered then pulled out his card from his bag pocket and showed me all of his "A+"s.

"I've got the same grade too, the only thing that ruined my card is the only C I got which is in sports. Bah! You don't need sports to be a psychologist." I said scoffingly.

He laughed, which was annoying then left. I'm still staring at my report card, still depressed about the fact that the only thing that's keeping me from beating him is sports! Of course, even if I study it I have to apply it.

Which is hard for me since I'm a weak person;

I don't exercise;

And I hate eating vegetables but I try to sometimes.

That's why I get sick easily. Therefore, I am not healthy nor athletic.

I went home sadly and went straight to my bedroom.