| T w e l v e |

//Josh//

Sure, I pushed Aria off the edge and now she's gone maniacal, but is it really my fault?

Yes, Joshua, it is entirely your fault, actually.

To be fair, she also fired back at me.

Though, she fired back with facts rather than accusations.

And so what if I purposely dug under the truth and put rumours together? They're true, aren't they?

No. They're rumours.

And that brings us to where we are now, in the treehouse with Aria going mad and both Tyler and I questioning our safety. Was that also my fault?

...probably.

I glanced at the two, watching Aria's expression twist from sane to deranged in a matter of seconds, and Tyler's twist from worried to absolutely scared shitless. Her laughter had cooled down, but her need to point out how wrong we didn't.

"You both are the strangers here, so instead of asking me why I'm here, do me a favour and tell me why the hell you guys are here." Tyler trembled in the corner, seeing a side of Aria neither of us had ever dreamed of.

"Quite a broad question, don't ya think?" She rolled her eyes, clenching her hand into a fist and roughly shoving Tyler away from the entrance to the treehouse, muttering profanities the whole way down. We quickly lost her between the greenery of the forest, a few birds chirping as though nothing had happened.

Tyler eventually found his voice, laughing until tears welled in his eyes. I let out a deep sigh, closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Please, no more psychotic episodes." He smiled, shaking his head and running a hand through the poof on his head.

"Is it considered a bad thing if I like that side of her?" I froze, my head slowly turning to him.

"No, absolutely not. I'm not going to let you fall for some psychopath who could literally end up murdering his you!" His smile was genuine, a gesture that terrified me.

"Was it your choice to begin with?"