| S e v e n t e e n |

i hate my lack of advancement.

// Tyler //

I glared at my ceiling, the numbers 2:35 peering from the corner of the bedside table to my left. I've been home for an hour. I made myself a cup of passionflower tea and wrote a few poems, but my mind still raced with the possible outcomes from the poisonous situation in which I was involved in earlier that night.

A heavy sigh escaped my lips as I rolled over onto my side, reaching across my bed and letting my fingers graze across Winnie's soft fur. Her head perked up at my touch, the five-year-old German Shepherd nuzzling her nose against my hand and letting out a soft whine.

"Do you think me and Josh will be okay, Win?" I smiled as she curled up beside me. I rolled onto my back again, rubbing a hand over my face and startling as my phone buzzed. Groaning, I reached for it, the screen blinding me for what felt like forever before I was able to see the text I had received.

Aria
- still awake?

I contemplated replying. I had hoped for a blissful night's sleep, but answering wouldn't grant me that. In fact, it would do the exact opposite.

Tyler
- yeah.. whats up?

My phone heavily fell onto my chest, my arms dropping beside me. Who would I have to kill in order to get more than five hours of sleep? Aria or myself?

Aria
- break off ties with people close to you. the more you open up to someone, the deadlier they become.

... What is she going on about now?

Aria
- trust me on that one, Tyler.
- goodnight.

Cut ties with people close to me? Who is she, my mother? The people I trust are the ones I've known for years, I'm supposed to trust them.

So... what the hell is she talking about?