twentieth-seventh

the night of the dance

loren's pov

the girls put what they consider "natural" makeup. i never wore makeup. (okay peoples this is just a book)

or maybe i'm exaggerating.

they couldn't believe how this is my first school dance, but also they couldn't believe that i had been homeschooled my entire life.

claire let me borrow a simple black dress while she curled my hair.

we all complimented each other and that stuff girls apparently love to do.

joey and his friends arrived a couple minutes early and then we left.

mario's pov

okay so i didn't expect my first high school dance would be with weston, but i was kinda late on the whole asking out a girl thing.

at the dance

we were only standing in the gymnasium for thirty minutes and weston ends up getting himself sick by eating all of the brownies.

he decided to walk back home, leaving me.

i went to go get some water for my dry throat but i accidentally bumped into loren.

"oh my god i'm so sorry." she said turning around, not knowing it was me.

this was kinda awkward since she sat at my lunch table before but we barely communicated.

"oh it's fine." i say, shrugging it off.

"are you here with somebody?" loren asks.

"well i was with weston." i say chuckling, she does too. "but he got sick from eating all those brownies."

"huh, i was wondering where all of those went." loren says laughing in not some sort of girly way.

"yeah." i say. "sooo, you here with your boyfriend?"

"well he just accidentally sprained his ankle so i was about to leave but.." she was about to finish until she also noticed how awkward this is. "well i should probably get going."

right at that moment formation started playing.

"OH MY GOD LOREN WE HAVE TO DANCE LIKE, NOW." i say fanboying while loren agrees.

-

after the dance

back at my house cat was sitting on the couch scrolling through her instagram feed.

"so how was your date with weston?" she asks.

"first of all, weston was not my date, second of all, he got sick after eating all the brownies." i say.

"everybody is talking about this new girl loren beech or something." cat says not looking away from her phone.

"oh, yeah." i say.

"did you see her there?!!?" cat asks looking anxious to know all about her.

"well, yeah." i said.

"what do you mean "well yeah?!!?!" she asks. "tell me all about it."

i told her about how we talked, met, and danced to a million songs.