fourtieth-fourth

ariel's pov

instead of going to blake's, i called arii over so i could have a shoulder to cry on. not what i planned to do, but it happened.

"why did you break up with him?" arii asks.

"so many reasons, but i think it was time to let him go. he just deserves somebody much better." i say in between tears.

every girl self doubts their self at least once in their life. i've always had so many insecurities. i couldn't be like other girls no matter how hard i try. no matter how much makeup i apply, no matter how hard i exercise, i'm still me.

-

mario came over as well but i wish that zach could've been here as well, and loren and blake.

blake texted me that zach, loren and weston were at his house and they wished i could've come.

i didn't think of how awkward it would be to go back to school, with zach. i don't want to avoid him but it's hard to think of him as my ex boyfriend. and most of the time, exes avoid each other.

-

at school

zach's pov

  "hi." a girls voice said.

i turned around and stood behind me was ariel. i dropped my book gently on the ground in front of my locker.

  "hey." i replied.

  "i don't wanna make things, you know weird between us." she whispered. "i just want you to know that i still care for you, and i hope we can still be-best friends like we were before."

  "ariel, you are one of the bravest, prettiest, funniest girls i've ever met. i know that in the future you'll find your true love. i guess that i'm just one of the silly high school relationships that don't last, but i'm honored to have been your boyfriend." i said.