Chapter 11: The Tributes: In the Stylists' Care

Not long after, the train arrived at the Capitol. Serena and Julius exchanged stares at each other and were told by Oak to wave at the audience through the window, to which they followed. They were amazed at the citizens and how they dressed. To them, they were weirdoes.  Aside from that, they were pretty amazed at the beauty of the city, which were, for them, a hundred times more beautiful than their district.

The Capitol citizens looked at the windows of the train with excitement in their eyes thinking about who to bet or who would attract their support. Surprisingly for the two tributes, they’re calling their names. They never expected such because it’s usually the tributes from the Career Districts that they would call their names. But since it’s a quarter quell, maybe this was an exception. Not long after the two tributes from 7 were brought to the stylists. Their rooms were separated.

 Serena’s excess hair on her legs and arms were pulled and her hair was dyed to make it look shinier. It’s also curled a bit to make the waves catch attention. There was this liquid that’s like a lotion that they put in her body and face. It’s effects were to make her skin more pinkish. Aside from that there were other things they made on her and the overall effect – she became more attractive than she actually was.

She asked what was taking them too long to show her what her outfit would be. They told her that the best decisions would come from her main stylist. His name - Mizar Elphinstone. It’s his last year as stylist. He was made stylist for a decade. He was one of the best stylists there was and just after his first outfit he was immediately promoted to the Career Districts. But just before his retirement, he wanted to design the outfits for his first assigned district – District 7. Why he would resign? He just got tired because most of the wearer of his outfits were dead. Not even a half was still alive.

Serena, while waiting for Mizar, sat in a soft couch with the clothes given to her by the stylists. It was a sleeveless knee-length dress colored silver. She thought to herself about Mizar, “Mizar Elphinstone huh? I guess I can consider myself lucky … and not. He’s a great designer but unfortunately, he wasn’t the one who designed Marina’s. Nevertheless, he’ll design mine. I hope it’ll make me look conservative. I just hope that he’s designs are still great … great enough to help me make an impression that is.”

Then not long after, a fat guy dressed in a dark-pink tuxedo, came by and greeted her. He was a wearing a light-pink curly wig like an Afro. He’s just like the rest of the Capitol Citizens, which from Serena’s point of view wears clothes that makes them apart and weird from the rest of Panem. He’s quite a middle-aged man who looks like in his forties, and never have Serena expected that he wasn’t that smiling-type of person.

He introduced himself, “Good day to you, Ms. Serena and congratulations on being reaped.” After saying those words he kissed Serena’s hand like a man’s normal gesture is. He continued, “I am Mizar Elphinstone and I’ll be your main stylist, and don’t worry. I have something to fit you well, and trust me, you won’t look like a tree. Now it’s true that perhaps the costume of the District 1 tributes are better but still, you can make an impression, an incredibly good one, just by yourself.”

“Thank you.”, Serena replied.

Now, wearing this suit. It’s a dress, light-brown in color. The color and design is lighter than the inside of the tree when you chop it but the resemblance can be seen. It’s made from paper but that’s not the highlight. Here it is.”

He showed Serena a beautiful gown sparkling at the bottom part. He made her wear it now, just an hour and a half before the parade. It’s extended until the ankle part of the feet. He might have included the sparkling bits at the bottom, which for some reason could imply water in the form of mist, in the leaves at mornings. The suit is has small straps at the shoulders and crossed at the back. The brown pattern made shinier was to symbolize polished furniture made from the wood. It’s also decorated with green vines extending until the bottom part where it’s seen more. The vines and leaves at the bottom of the dress seem like real but it’s not. It’s just drawing, but the ones on the waist side aren’t. They were real vines.

After making her wear the dress, he styled her make-up and add something more to her hair. After a few more minutes, he was taken to the site with Julius wearing a light-brown shirt with trunk-colored pants.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

Hello everyone. I'm not gonna be making Chapter Summaries for the next few chapters. I'm just a bit busy these days. Anyways this chapter marks what the stylists did to Serena. At first, I was planning to make the title of this chapter Chariot rides but decided to make it in the Stylists' Care because I separated the chapter into 2. Therefore the next chapter will be the Chariot Rides or the Parade. And that chapter marks the end of part 2, which is The Tributes. You'll find out what the title for the next part is once I upload the next chapter. Also, I want to apolize for my grammar and for making this story long. About my grammar, I don't reread the story and at times don't recognize my mistakes or not even bother to correct them. Pardon me for that. Anyways I wanna thank you all for reading my work and still continue reading, voting, commenting and the such. Thanks again guys!!!