Chapter 23: The Games: Caught

Hey guys!! It's been a long long update..... But I've been busy with school and stuff.... But I'm trying to continue what I have left behind..... Sorry guys.... But keep reading!!!

The Capitol citizens was bored with the events in the games since there is no fighting and all seem to know that the winner should and would be a Career. To induce some fighting in the games with the remaining tributes, the gamemakers made mutts who chased Serena and Julius resulting to their separation. While Julius was able to defeat the mutt, there was no tribute near him. Meanwhile, Serena and the female tribute from 8 fought over Serena’s food and pack. Though the girl from 8 has gotten the upper hand, Serena was turn the situation with a kick as a counter attack. But before continuing the fight, the girl from 8 sensed someone’s presence nearby and made a run for it. Unknowingly, Serena began to pack her things but before she could finish doing these things, she realized that the worse enemy has appeared, Felix from District 2.

It was too little too late for Serena. All she could do is freeze and fight. She does not have the strength and guts to shout for help, to shout for Julius fearing that there were many others.

Felix gave a stern, cold look.

Serena feared her enemy and she intended to live, to run away from him knowing that she’s no match for this cold enemy. Then she began to run from him. But her efforts were futile. Felix was able to catch up with her and they fought. At that moment, Serena still hasn’t got her good weapon but she has kept a small knife but before she could stab him, he held her hand tight in a tree and she was rendered helpless, unable to move. Felix’s grip was so strong and tight. Serena was forced to drop her weapon.

Felix grabbed the other hand. Serena tried to free herself with a kick but the effort was futile.

With that force that Felix gave, Serena lost her strength to fight him, accepting her death. She gave Felix a cold look and she received it from him afterwards.

Felix also has a weapon, a small handy knife. He prepared to get it to kill Serena without even a word from him, and before he could do the act, he saw her – he saw tears in her eyes.

She was crying still while looking at his eyes still with anger. But when Felix saw it, she turned her look away.

Serena was thinking not only of herself at that moment of realization of death. She was thinking of her family, of Julius, and of Marina, her dead sister who died at the hands of a male tribute from 2. And soon after she realized that she would suffer the same fate.

She strengthened her resolve. She tried speaking to Felix, not about his mercy but her anger.

“You’ve won… I’ve lost. You can kill me now.”

Instead of killing her at that moment, Felix also began a conversation with her. His tone was light.

“You shouldn’t have challenged the Careers 7.”

“I wasn’t challenging, I was trying to survive…But now I…”

With the last words, she began to lose her good tone as she burst into tears, in front of her enemy.