Chapter 10: I Have a Boyfriend

Mason and I walked down the stairs to the lab together. Ford had told us to meet him down there after lunch. We walked holding hands. I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened after I'd forced Lucy to release me two days before. I thought about how much Lucy could've hurt Mason. About how my feelings towards him kept growing. About how I was beginning to think that I really was in love with him.

When we reached the bottom of the stairs we were passed by Ford, who was on his way to the bathroom and told us to wait in the lab for him. We stood awkwardly, holding hands, as we waited for Ford to come back down. Eventually our hands started to get sweaty and we had to drop each other hands. It was only a few minutes after we let go that I felt Mason slip something into my hand. I looked. It wasn't his own hand like I'd thought but rather a medium sized white box. "What's this for?"

"Just open it. Please." He rubbed the back of his head.

I opened the box. Inside was a small charm bracelet with six little charms on it. I looked at each of the little charms. Three of them were the journals, one was a yellow triangle with an eye that I recognized as Bill Cipher, one was a puppy, and the last was a kitten. I smiled a little. "It's cute, Mason. Will you help me put it on?"

He nodded and I sat down the box on the counter beside me

He nodded and I sat down the box on the counter beside me. In the lid I noticed a note. I read it and smiled. I pulled Mason's face a little closer to mine and kissed his cheek. "Yeah. I'll be your girlfriend." I pressed my lips to his. His lips were just as chapped as mine but they still felt nice against mine.

A throat cleared behind me. "I'm I interrupting something?"

I sprang away from Mason, stepping on his foot. "No. you're... Yes! No! not interrupting! Wait. I mean... GAH!!!" I face palmed. "Let's get on with what you wanted us for." I looked at Mason. He was beet red and rubbing his foot.

"Right." Ford walked across the room to where an oddly shaped object was under a brown cloth. He took off the cloth to show us a small array of guns. There was a 22 shotgun, a .9mm pistol, and a single action revolver.

I walked up and picked up the 22

I walked up and picked up the 22. I held it up to my eye and aimed it at a chair. "Did you make these?" I set down the gun on the table.

"Yes, I did." He took a couple of cartridges from his pocket. "These are dimensional rift capsules. You shoot them at a weak spot in a dimensional wall. Once you've shot it you can easily walk through to the next dimension."

"Cool

"Cool." I picked up the .9 mm and examined it. "Impressive." I smiled as I set it down again. I looked around but didn't see the one thing that was still missing. "So... holsters and slings?"

Ford rubbed the back of his head. "No. Of all the skills and smarts I have, sewing is not one of them."

"Alright. I'll make them myself then. I'll just need some fake leather..." I thought for a second. My old riding clothes... "Those will work."

Mason picked up the .9 mm. "Do they work?"

"I don't know yet. Testing them is a little hard since you could get stuck if it's done incorrectly."

"That is dangerous... Wait. Mason, can you use a gun?" I looked at him.

"Um... no... and unless you count a grappling hook, neither can Mable."

"Wait up. I think I missed something. When did Mable come into this? I mean yeah she's more than welcome but when was it decided?"

Ford looked at Mason.

Mason shrugged. "Guess I forgot to tell her. Mable is the sweater. Lucy identified her last time."

"Thanks for telling me. Even if it was late." I fiddled with the pen in my pocket. "If you two can't use a gun then we're just gonna have to train you." I smiled.

A/N

Yep. He used guns. It's logical isn't it? If you don't get why then ask me. I'll gladly explain.

So I know I haven't made a case file in a while but we've gone over almost everyone we've worked with so next will probably be Wendy. After that I don't know who I'll do but it will probably be while they are in a different dimension. See you later, Peoples!