Roxy

college started up again so the updates are going to be sporadic again... sorry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry ended up back at the hospital, Louis wanting to talk to him alone, making Harry nervous as to what they needed to speak about. He walked into the hospital room and found Zayn cuddling with Louis on the bed.

Louis looked up with puffy eyes from crying a bit too much when Harry left. He looked to Zayn who just nodded and kissed his forehead before he left the room. Louis patted the bed where Zayn had just left and smiled when Harry sat there.

Harry sat there awkwardly until Louis decided to take his hand and let him feel the kicks that the babies were doing. "Does that hurt?"

"I mean they are kicking hard, but it makes me smile that there are babies inside of me."

Harry smiled when he felt three discrete kicks from each of the babies. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize please, let's just put it behind us."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that we aren't officially getting back together, but we'll work on it. I want to stop the divorce stuff, but we need to go to counseling or something where we can discuss where we went wrong. I don't want the babies to grow up with parents that aren't together."

Harry nodded in agreement. "I think that would be a great idea."

Louis sighed in content and laid his head onto Harry's chest. "I haven't been able to sleep recently and you know how your heartbeat always got me to sleep. So do you mind?"

Harry shook his head, getting a bit more comfortable as he watched Louis fall fast asleep curled around him like he was a body pillow. He rubbed a hand over his belly, something he would do even before they were trying to get pregnant. He looked down at Louis as he shifted around, only curling around Harry more and hooking his leg over Harry's.

Harry didn't know how it happened, but the next thing he knew he was being poked in the cheek by Louis to wake him up. "Hmm, what?"

"I need to pee and you're kind of in the way."

Harry quickly got off the bed and helped Louis to the bathroom, wheeling his IV stand with him. He waited outside the door for Louis to help him get back in bed.

"Where is everyone else?" Louis asked after he got comfortable and let Harry into the bed as well.

"Work probably, that's how it was when you were asleep. I was the only one who had a boss that understood someone needed to be here. All I have to do is work on my computer for a few things and it doesn't take long."

"Do you still get the same pay?"

Harry nodded. "I've been saving for the babies actually. Have a nice amount of money in the account."

"You didn't have to."

"I wanted to, once I found out you were pregnant I made it my mission to help in whatever way you needed."

Louis smiled, a light blush evident on his cheeks. "Thank you."

**

Louis was discharged the next week, wanting Harry back at the house with him to help with cleaning and getting the nursery together. Carrying triplets made him bigger than what he could handle, so it was difficult for him to stand on his feet for long periods of time. So he was mainly in his bed sleeping or on the couch watching the television bored out of his mind.

"Harry entertain me, I'm bored."

"What do you want me to do?" Harry just finished painting the nursery and had just got out of the shower.

Louis shrugged. "I want to go look at puppies."

Harry just couldn't help but to laugh. "Why puppies?"

"So I can have something to do while you do the nursery. We could go to a pound?"

Harry nodded. "Of course, let's go before it gets dark." He helped Louis to the car after he got his shoes on and they were on their way.

When they got there Louis was immediately drawn to the older dogs and not the puppies. Harry stayed with the puppies, but smiled when he heard Louis giggle as one of the dogs was licking his face. Harry had to take a photo when the dog sniffed his stomach and wagged her tail excitedly.

"Harry, I think she's the one." Louis smiled when the dog nuzzled her nose into his stomach when she felt kicks.

"It says her name is Roxy and she's a rottweiler-pitbull terrier mix. Says that she is about four years old and was surrendered to the pound. She's been here for a year."

Louis frowned and kissed her head. "Well, I'm sure you'll fit right at home."

Harry went to speak to the receptionist about adopting her, she said that they don't usually let people take the dog home on the same day, but since she's been here the longest she was an exception and that they would have someone come out to check out her living conditions in a couple days. Harry paid the fee and signed all the papers before he went back to Louis. "Come on baby, looks like we've gained a family member."

"Really?"

Harry nodded. "Yes, she's ours."

"Did you hear that girl? You get to go home with us!" She licked Louis' face excitedly, then going over to Harry and literally jumped into his arms. He chuckled and just carried her out of the pound since she didn't want to be put down.

Harry took them to the store and bought all of the necessities needed for the new dog, even a bunch of toys for the dog to play with.

Louis was excited as she didn't even pull as he hooked up the leash onto her new collar, probably her knowing he was carrying precious cargo. He walked her around while Harry spoke to the vet part of the store and he had an appointment to get all her paperwork in order. Smiling when she wagged her tail at Harry and Louis let go of the leash and watched her run over to him and right into his arms.

"Woah there girl," Harry spoke as his face was attacked with kisses. He carried her to the car and drove them home. They let her explore the house while they set up her bed and a toy bin for her. Harry knew Louis needed time, but he was hopeful it wouldn't take to long and maybe Roxy could be the reason that brings them together before the babies.