Home

I walked down the streets of Gotham and breathed in the musky air.

It was good to be home, after all I had been gone for two years. And in those two short years I had become the most wanted criminal in the world. Literally.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

Message from: Zsasz

I smiled and opened the text.

Zsasz: I heard you're back in town. Need a place to stay? Need a skilled, insane murderer?

I laughed.

Message to: Zsasz
You heard correct. As a matter of fact I do, same place as before? And let's be honest, if I needed a skilled, insane murderer I'd just do the job myself.

I sent the message and started waking towards Zsasz's place.

Victor Zsasz and I had become good friends from the moment we met. But where we met isn't important right now.

I felt my phone buzz once again and unlocked it to see another message.

From: Jonny
Hey, I heard your back. Just wondered if you needed anything? Scarecrow says he can't wait to see you.

I smiled at Jonathan's message.

Jonathan Crane and I had also become very close during the time I spent in Gotham. I knew all about Crane and of course Scarecrow. I actually met Scarecrow first, but that's not important now either.

Message to: Jonny
I'm heading over to Zsasz's. You can come if you want, I'm sure he won't mind. I actually do need your assistance with something...

I sent the message and before I knew it I was at Zsasz's.

I rang the door bell and stood for a moment before the door was opened by one of Zsasz's girls.

"Alpha, Zsasz has been expecting you. He is in the study. I trust you remember where that is." She said sarcastically looking at her nails and stepping aside to allow me to enter.

In a split second I had her up against the door with my hand around her neck.

"Listen here you disrespectful bitch. I can tell you're new here, so I'm gonna cut you some slack. I am not a child, so don't talk down to me like I am." I said between gritted teeth before calming down the slightest bit. "Also, one would think that being under the management of the Victor Zsasz would teach you to respect your superiors, but apparently not." I spat and let her drop to the floor gasping for breath.

I heard whistling coming from upstairs and I smiled knowing who it came from. I turned on my heel and walked up the steps and headed to the study.

When I arrived two of Zsasz's girls silently opened the doors for me, clearly having seen what happened to the other girl. As I stepped in I saw a familiar face smiling back at me.

"Quite the performance, boss." Zsasz said still smiling.

"I went easy on her. Besides, she has to learn her place. She must know, and now she does. Plus she was being sarcastic, and I don't like sarcasm on other people....You know, you should really be stricter with your girls. You'd never see my boys acting like that. Don't worry too much though, it's hard to find good help in Gotham." I said sitting across from him.

"Indeed." Zsasz said nodding.

"You know Victor, I missed you and your short responses quite a lot. Tell me, how many tallies do you have now?" I inquired just as a knock was heard on the door.

I sighed and leaned my head on my hand.

"Come in." I called, irritated.

A girl opened the door and stood in the doorway.

"You may enter." I said, waving a hand.

"Alpha, Zsasz, a man is here by the name of Jonathan Crane." She said nervously.

"Send him in." I said smiling a bit.

The girl hurried away as I turned back to Zsasz.

"I hope it's not a problem, I just thought it would be fun to get the old crew back together. Plus I have a little task for us." I said sitting up once more.

He nodded his head.

Jonathan and Victor have never seen eye to eye, but they both agree that I am amazing and badass among other things. They also agree that what I say goes and that's good enough for me. Besides, they are my only criminal friends, well besides Edward Nigma and Jonny Frost.

I heard the doors opening and I turned around once again.

There before me was Jonathan Crane in his usual vest and square glasses.

"Hello Jonathan, long time no see." I said smiling.

He gave me a small smile back and sat down next to me.

"Hello Alpha," He turned to Victor. "Zsasz."

"Alright, let's get down to business. Obviously I came back for a reason beside because I've missed you guys. The reason is that I've heard rumors Joker has a new girl. Her name is Harleen Quinzel, but she is know as Harley Quinn...like the clown harlequin of course." I began rolling my eyes. "Apparently she was Jokers doctor at Arkham before she helped him escape. After that he turned her crazy by taking her to ACE Chemicals. Now I just thought it be nice to meet her, tell her some things, and of course see that son of a bitch Joker. We're going to his club tomorrow night and I need backup just in case. You guys know how unpredictable that bastard is." I said now standing and pacing.

They both nodded in agreement.

"I'll bring my best girls." Zsasz said.

"I'll bring my best chemicals... and Scarecrow." Jonathan said smirking.

I smiled at both of them. How I missed them so.

"Alrighty then gentlemen. We'll see ya tomorrow Crow." I said hugging Jonathan.

"See you later." He said as before walking out of the room.

"367 tally's." Zsasz said as soon as Jonathan left.

"Wow, I didn't even think there were 367 people in Gotham." I said impressed.

"Do you remember where your room is?" Zsasz asked as I headed to the door.

"How could I forget." I said before closing the doors behind me.

I have a bedroom at both Zsasz's and Jonathan's. I also have a warehouse where all of my boys (Alpha refers to her goons as boys) are currently staying.

Honestly I really didn't need a place to stay, but Zsasz offered and you can't turn down a friend.

I turned a corner and opened the door to my temporary bedroom.

The room was exactly how I remembered it.

I stood for a moment before plopping down on the bed and falling asleep with a smile on my face.

----------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed part 1!