chapter three;; "i love it when you do that..."

//publishing this one early because i love seeing your guys' responses <3\\
james
dance is over so i walk over to riley and put my arms around her waist,"ready to go, love?" i try to be as sweet as possible.

she begins to blush, and i just instantly fall in love with her even more.

suddenly the blonde girl, emily i think, in a-troupe walks over to us and begins to talk, "excuse me, but riley why are you with this idiot? he's a jerk? remember i told you?"

"y-yeah..i remember," riley pushed me away a bit and looked down. i hate how powerless she looked, i wanted to help so bad but i just grab rileys hand then whisper in her ear, "don't worry riles. you aren't like other girls, i won't treat you that way."

she gave me a reassuring smile as emily talks once again, "so why are you with him and holding his hand and why does his have his arms all over you?"

man does this girl ever shut up? i begin to pipe up, "i think i can answer that? me and riley have a thing going and it would be nice if you would try not to ruin it, emily," riley looks at me shocked, it looks like no one stands up to her sister or something.

"excuse me, james, you better not hurt my sister or i will come for you-" she began speaking and then she got cut off.

"em!" riley yelled, "i can like whoever i want and it happens that i have fallen for james.."

wait..she l-likes me? she's fallen for me? i start blushing. like a lot. i never blush.

"and emily if you have a problem with it, then fine. i just won't ever go home again and i'll stop dancing or even be disowned by our family because you know what? you can't treat me like a child. so now if you can leave me and my boyfriend alone so we can go out," riley's grip tightens around my hand and she pulls me away from emily.

"fine riley, don't come home," and with that emily left.

• • •

we sit in my car riley looks horrible..i put my hand on her thigh and rub it and she jumps at my touch, so i pull away, but she grabs my hand and pulls it back there, "i love it when you do that.." then she paused for a moment, "boyfriend."

i'm actually so happy, words cannot explain it! damn, maybe i've really found true love? i don't know..i've only ever been in love once and it didn't end well. but looks like i'll have more time with riley now..

"you can stay with me if you want, i mean..i will make sure you get to school every day on time and i'll get you knew clothes and take care of you..i won't try anything," i start to ramble on and on and on...

riley
james just asked me to live with him? wow..

"w-will your family mind..?" i say scared and worried.

"no, babe," he rubs my thigh again, "they'll love you."

you may think that everything is happening too fast...but let me break everything down for you so it makes a lot of sense.

back a few years ago emily was stupidly in love with james, we all liked him at first..then she started doing bad things with him and even ended up getting pregnant. she was very disappointed in herself that she couldn't keep it a secret from us, but the second she told us my father kicked her out. he disowned her. plain and simple. i guess that's why she kicked me out. because of james. she probably didn't want to bother with me running to her because i got pregnant or something.

but i'm not going to live with james just yet, i'm going to try and get my parents to let me stay with them..but then i'll live with james. to be completely honest, i would rather stay with james. i feel safe with him.

"james..?" he nods at me and looks very concerned, "d-do you think i can try and stay with my parents? i mean i don't think emily is really the 'boss' of the house.."

james just nods and starts the car and drives me home..

wow. this could end horribly.

• • •

we pull up to my house and i take a deep breath, "c-can you come in james..?"

he nods once again,  i don't know why he isn't talking, but anyways we both get out of the car and i start shivering since i wasn't given the chance to change.

james takes off his sweatshirt and slips it on me and wraps his protective arm around my waist.

i walk in the door casually with james and walk through the kitchen, tv room, dinning room, then we make it to the family room..

once my dad sees james, he stands up and my mom grabs me and pulls me towards her, "mom? what's wrong? why is dad all mad?"

"um..your with james, riley," she states as if i obviously didn't know already.

"i know mom, i wanna be with him. i like him a lot," my dad snaps his head towards me and then looks confused and upset, "what? i didn't do anything?"

my mom pushes me away from her and james pulls me back to him so that my back is tight against his front side, i feel really save right now.

"young man," my dad says as james nods, "you know what you did to this family once. want to do it again?"

"no..sir..look i'm not the way i used to be," james pleaded and i looked at him and he looked very hurt inside.

"damn right he's still the same," emily said as she walked into the family room sitting down fixing her hair, "i didn't miss anything right?"

i just roll my eyes and my parents give me a disapproving look. "mom, dad, i did nothing wrong here. yes james used to be a player and got emily pregnant..but i feel safe with him. i-i think that me and him c-could really last and i-i was hoping y-you guys wouldn't be m-mad..?"

"get out. both of you." my dad states and i take james' hand and start walking away.

"fine, i wouldn't want to live here since i'm not excepted."

then we walk out and i guess begin our life together?

//hey guys! here's a new chapter that's a lot longer haha. did you expect things to change like that? do you really think james and riley would end up perfectly fine? do you think riley is making a mistake? find out in the next chapter aha.\\