chapter fifteen ;; "i miss you"

james
of course on my first day at collage i get in trouble and can't contact people for a couple of weeks. but finally it's off and i can do whatever i want again.

i decide to call riley first.

"hello?" ugh i miss her sweet voice! but she keeps sniffling as if she was crying..?

"hey baby, i'm so sorry i couldn't call you, i miss you," i say smiling, "is everything alright? you don't sound okay."

"yep. everything's fine," she's not telling me anything. i don't understand.

"i'm coming home next week."

"i can't wait."

"are you sure you're okay?"

"i gotta go."

and then she hung up..?

riley
i had to hang up on james because i could hear people outside of the bathroom at school. i was so scared to walk out but i knew that i had to.

i just walked out with my head held high hoping for the best...then the worst happened.

they just all backed me back into the bathroom and started beating me and hitting me with everything they could find. i just lay there, useless. im letting them do this to me, but i learned not to fight against them.

finally our 'beating session' is over and i go back to james' house.

i'm just sitting in his room then i hear a knock at the door, "come in."

"hey riley.." jason says awkwardly while walking in, "are you okay?"

"did james send you?" i don't mean to sound rude but he honestly doesn't actually care. no one does right? right.

"yeah...but i am worried about you to..hey why is your eye swollen?" jason pointed out then i notice he's on facetime with james.

"what?! let me see!" and here comes my worst nightmare. jason set james in front of me and he left the room and james started to question me.

i tell him little to nothing at all. i don't want to talk about it.