chapter nineteen ;; "i just dont care anymore."

riley
i stand right outside of my parents door as james drives away. i take a deep breath so much more "you can trust me riles i love you". i walk in quietly and face my parents.

"you're back," my dad states and begins to smile. my mom and dad both run up to me and hug me.

"y-yeah..i don't plan on leaving for a while.." i bite my lip and hug them back.

"well riley, honey, i made your favourite, garlic fingers and pizza," my mom replied sweetly but to be honest with you, i don't feel like eating.

"i'm not hungry..i'm actually really tired i think i'm going to go to bed early?" i pull away from the hug and run up the stairs away from them.

i can clearly hear my dad yelling at my mom, i guess he thinks she's the reason why i won't eat or something.

i plop down onto my bed and think. that's all i do for the next couple of hours, just think. i honestly don't care anymore..but the next thing i know, it's time for me to go to sleep. i have school tomorrow.

i'm fast asleep at around 9 pm and awake around 6 am. i get up and begin to get ready for school. i put on a crop top and nice little skirt to go with it. i also pair a jean jacket with it because i don't want questions about my arms.

next, i do my makeup and make sure i have the most perfect winged eyeliner and make my way downstairs. my family isn't up yet, thank god.

i go outside and sit on the stairs then text luke,

"can you come take me to school?"

"sure riles whatever you want ❤"

i'm very confused by luke's response but i just push it away.

"riley aren't you gonna eat break fast?" my mom came out and asked worriedly.

"i did..i-i had toast," i reply clearly lying. but she believes it and leaves.

finally luke arrives and i get into his car.

"wow you look nice today," he said as i buckle my seatbelt and get comfortable.

"i mean, single girls gotta try and look good right?" i giggle and look out the window. the rest of the drive is silent, not the awkward type of silent, the nice and gentle silence that makes you feel happy.

finally we arrive at my school and he gives me a sad look because he knows that i don't wanna go, but i unbuckle my seatbelt, give him a kiss on the cheek and then leave to start my day.