Chapter 19

Frank's POV

There were no voices anymore. They left after a hour or so. I was grateful for that but I had a bad feeling about it.

"Can I go see Gerard again?" It had been a week since he had been in a coma. I had only seen him twice including when he first went. Jaime thought for a second,
"I'd say yes but Lindsey is the head nurse so you'd have to take it up to her." I nodded, I'd do it for Gerard, I missed him I was going to sleep in his bed but I found it covered in blood, instead I wore some of his clothing like his few hoodies.

I loved the smell of them, it reminded me of him so I only wore his clothing, he had some skinny jeans that fit me so I wore those as well. The only thing that I wore that was mine was my pjs, eyeliner, and gel.

"Frank, what are you thinking about?" I shrugged, "Gerard, I really miss him. I wish he'd just wake up." Jaime nodded sympathetically, "I know it's hard, he was your roommate and you two got along very quickly it surprised me and the other nurses since he's never done that before. He also spoke to you which is a big deal considering he hasn't said a word in three years. You two were good for each other. I don't know what happened."

"I heard voices for a hour after Gerard was hospitalized." I don't know what came over me but I was desperate to protect Gerard, it wasn't his fault I was almost positive.

"And you didn't tell me this earlier why?" I shrugged, "But the thing is they knew about Gerard. They were like, Gerard's voices in my head." Jaime shook his head, "No, that's not possible." I thought for a second. What did it mean? I suddenly had an idea, I went to Catholic a school and I knew about priests who were exorcists and could take demons out of people. What if Gerard had an actual demon in his mind that was telling him to do things.

I shared my thought with Jaime timidly, "I'm Catholic actual and that's crossed my mind as well. If we call a priest maybe he can see what's going on, I really don't know but it's worth a shot."

Fr. Funk agreed to go to the hospital and see Gerard, he took with him holy water and other things. "Is your friend Catholic my son?" I was almost certain so I told him I thought he was but we never really discussed it. "Well uh, we're both gay..." he nodded and didn't seem faded by that. "Okay, taken my bag and lets go and see Gerard."

We left the church and got into a taxi and drove to the hospital. "So, are you like against gays or like support them?" He smiled, "God loves everyone so I do too. He made you the way you are and who am I to hate or judge you? There is only One person who can judge you and the is God." That made me feel better. I used to hate myself for liking boys but now, I made peace with it. I knew he was right.

"You can't visit now unless you're family." The nurse said at the front desk as she filed some papers. "I am a man of religion, I'm quite sure there is a policy about that." She sighed, "Yes there is, okay you can go but these two need to stay in the waiting room." Jaime left to the room I nodded but Father Funk shook his head, "This is my assistant who is caring my bible, holy water, and last rights." She sighed, exasperated and shrugged, "Whatever, here's what room he's in." She handed him a piece of paper and continued to file the papers. We got to his room and entered, he was laying on the bed in the same way he had a week ago.

Father Funk sat next to him and laid his hand on his forehead and started to pray, he lifted his hands, "It seems as though he has some sort of disturbance in this head of his. I fear there is a sort of demon trying to control him in some way or another. Bring me my bag please." I handed him the bag, I was right, there was something manipulating Gerard, making him see and hear things.
All of a sudden, Gerard's heart monitor started to make weird noises, and his bandages started to bleed. What was going on?

He took out the holy water and a rosary, "God, please help this boy who's suffering from a demon, who's own head is raging a war against this boy, trying to drag him to hell, damning him and stealing him from Your flock. Please help this boy and expel the demon possessing him."

A black smoke suddenly exited out of Gerard's chest, rising up to the ceiling and disappearing. Gerard's heart moniters started dropping, his heart was slowly decreasing, three nurses and a doctor rushed in and pushed us aside trying to stable him.

I wanted to cry, what if he didn't make it? What then? I didn't usually pray, but this time I was positive I needed too.
"Frank, will you pray with me?" Father took my hand I nodded and we both closed our eyes and he spoke, "God, if it is your will, please help Your son, Gerard to continue on with his life so he may thrive and serve You. Let Your will be done and not ours."

"He's gone. He lost to much blood, how did that happen?" I felt like I'd been shot in the heart. Dead? As in dead dead, like never coming home. But all the things that he never ever told me, and all the things that I never ever told him.

How did this happen. He expelled the demon so why was he dead! He'd never come home.