sugawara koushi•sawamura daichi (fluff)

Playing Cupid

this chapter features a bonus! you readers are included as well!

valentine's is here, so expect some sugar!

I'll meet you at the front gates at noon.
read: 10:32

You checked your watch again and sent another text. It was nearly midday, where was he? You could already see a punctual Sugawara, leaning against the open gate next to the bustling ticket booths. The sun was shining; the smell of buttery popcorn filled the air; and for a Sunday in June, it wasn't as busy. A perfect setting for a first date. You pat yourself on the back for selecting such a good venue.

You glanced at your phone once more. Five texts from Nishinoya, three from Ennoshita, and fifteen from Hinata. You clicked your tongue and tapped on the group chat 'volleyboys'.

'volleyboys'

h: did they get there yet?!??

h: i rlly wanted 2 go 2!!!1!

k: dumbass! it wouldn't be a date
if u went with them.

it would be if you went :you
with him kageyama-san~
(○゜ε^○)

k:what

h: wat

n: I got it!
웃+웃=♡

h: I still don't get it.

k:...

e: *sigh* 🤦‍♂️

You looked back up at the place where Sugawara had been, but he was gone. Hurriedly, you scrambled through the well-trimmed bushes to scout him out. He was talking to Daichi. A devilish grin spread across your face as you typed furiously.

'volleyboys'

contact made! plan cupid is a go! :you

n: all right! LET'S GO!!!

k: go where?

h: ...

hold up, they're on the move again... : you

Your phone buzzed, causing you to jump. Receiveing the call, you cleared your throat before speaking a raspy 'hello'.

"Yeah, I'm here at the park... With Daichi, what's going on?"

"Well," you began, forcing a sniffle or two, "I think I caught a summer cold."

"Really? Are you okay? Should we go visit?" Suga's tone was concerning and cute.

"No need. ". You wheezed, adding a few coughs for dramatic effect. " Just have fun."

"But what about our plans?" He asked.

"Don't worry about it,
the tickets will expire soon if they aren't used."

"Are you sure you are okay?"