08

Ethan's P.O.V 💋
--------------------------

"I have a mate"

At that very moment I don't recognize the girl standing in front of me. Her eyes look as if they belong to someone else. Her hair was a different shade, her skin was so much paler. I could finally see how sick she was. I could feel her shaking, and her eyes darting everywhere along my face. I don't know what expression my face held, I had yet to even process her words.

And it hit me, and it hurt like hell.

As a child, losing my family I never experienced heart break. I did cry, but I was more crying on loneliness than loss. I'd never fully mourned my family, I refuse. Sierra had moved on, something I envy. But right now, for the first time. I was experiencing heart break.

My chest began to feel heavy at first, as if all the air had left my lungs. But it doesn't ease up, the feeling flows into my stomach; causing quite a sick feeling. My head starts spinning and I have to grip on the edge of a boulder to steady myself.

"Ethan.."

My name coming out of her mouth felt like a cold stab through my chest. I want her to say it over and over again. I want her to say it forever.

"I'm so sorry"

"Do you think we'll ever meet anyone new?",Sierra asks, laying lazily in the grass meadow.

"I don't know", I answer as honestly as I could. But I'd be lying if I said I wanted to meet anyone else.

"If its gonna be just you and I forever I might lose my mind!!",she playfully acts out.

I smile at her and shake my head slightly.

"I wouldn't mind staying with you forever"

A blush spreads on her cheeks at my response, they become impossibility red. She looks away quickly and I couldn't stop the chuckle that escapes me. I began to run my fingers through her thick hair, getting rid of any tangles made from rolling on the ground.

"We're so old"

"Not really",I respond to her.