35

"War?"

"The demons-", she struggles against Lucifer with her power," and these bloody Vampires are against us! You!"

She points to my Betas as if she's going to give them commands, but I stand in front of her," you will not tell a single wolf what to do. You will talk to me"

"Fine. Have your Beta's get everyone into their houses. I have Witches with me that are doing a spell now to protect you. I apologize Ethan to do this without your say. But you aren't Isaiah. And I won't let you get sucked into the vampires and demons trap. I will protect you", she smiles to me and tightens her teeth," as for you Lucifer. Get out of my god damn sight"

Lucifer falls to the ground harshly. One of his vampires grabs his arm. My eyes meet his once again, but I turn to look at Callista instead," I can't thank you"

"I know you can't. I don't need your Thanks Ethan", she sticks her hand out toward me without a glove. A symbol of trust," I just need your side and your Trust"

I don't take her hand, instead Sierra swifts in front of me,"gladly. But only for yours in return"

"Happily"

Callista is gone within the next second, along with the vampires and my wolves. Sierra stands in front of me, me facing her back.

"That wasn't your call Pup"

"You don't get to call me that anymore", her voice is stern. I take her arm and spin her to face me. I stare intently into her eyes.

"And what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Exactly what I said. You don't get to call me that anymore because I'm no longer a pup. And you aren't either, you're an Alpha Ethan. And you're about to go to war- we are going to war"

"I don't care how old we get or how much we mature or what responsibilities we get. You're always my girl, my pup, I'll call you that because I always have", I stroke her cheek again for the 4th time today. I've found myself becoming really fond of them. But maybe it's because they heat up pink under my touch.

"What are we Ethan"

"You know the answer as much as I do. We're whatever we want to be-"

"Ethan. This isn't the time, we need to go", Callista suddenly bursts into the room urging me to follow.

"I'm coming", I motion her to leave then look back down at Sierra", this isn't your fight. We need to prepare for tonight when the vampires show up. Prepare our pack, and be indoors before nightfall"

"Okay", she nods to me but hesitates to leave.

"Talk to me", I command her. She bites her lip nervously but lifts herself up on her tip toes and gives me a quick kiss.

"You better be in the house before dark too Ethan", she tells me sternly then leaves the room.

"I promise", I whisper to myself then storm out of the building.

-

"What if they show up on my door step?", Toni wipes her sweaty forehead," this is too much pressure Luna"

I coo internally at the mention of "Luna" but clear my throat to answer her", don't open your door. Don't open your door until daylight. Get some rest, do you need me to walk you to your house?"

"No. Alfred is waiting for me with the pups.. So I'd better go, thank you again Luna", she waves to me and starts off to the village.

I watch her til she's out of my sight then turn my attention to the meadow. I see Ethan, the Beta's, and the Witches talking in a circle. A part of me wanted to be there with them, but another wanted to go inside. I throw myself into every situation of Ethan's. A Luna that isn't tamed and doesn't follow Alpha's orders. Because he isn't my Alpha, he's my mate. We rule together, not one higher than the other. My eyes find the sun setting in the distance behind them. For all we know Vampires could be lurking under the shade of trees surrounding us just waiting for the sun to be out of reach.

You should do one more walk through the village to confirm everyone is inside, my wolf suggests me to do, just to pass the time.

So I close my front door and with one more glance at Ethan, I walk to the village. Everyone's front light was on, enough to light the pathways. But there was no noise or people around. I knew it was just minutes until the Vampires could come out. But I was still confused on what they planned to do. Wipe out our pack? Kill all of us and the Witches? It makes absolutely no sense.

I open my door and stare into the meadow once more, no sign of Ethan or the others anywhere. Once I'm inside I sit on the couch nervously. Ethan isn't here because the lights upstairs are off. The sun is almost completely set.

My waiting turned into me pacing the living room biting my fingernails anxiously. The sun has fully set, no doubt the Vampires are running wild. But Ethan still isn't home.

Maybe he got caught up somewhere, my wolf attempts to sooth me.

Or he's out there dead, I snap back harshly. I immediately feel bad for it but I choose to take a deep breath instead of apologizing.

Well you aren't feeling his pain and you aren't dying so I think he's fine. But it's odd, you don't feel anything at all. I don't feel his presence in us at all, my wolf starts ranting in a worry manner. Her words have my heart racing. Because I knew they were true, I don't feel him. And that's a problem with me.

I'm going to find him, my hand touches the door nob. It's ice cold from the air conditioning on. My hand grips it and I follow the lump forming in my throat.

Sierra we're supposed to stay here!, my wolf shouts at me as my front door opens.

I'm not leaving him out there alone.

-------

Girl Power! Am I right?

But its a stupid chapter.. yes i know another one is coming right after this

-Kayla xoxo