Jack (6)

I led Percy into the kitchen where Kangaroo, North, Tooth, and Sandy had gathered. I just may have made a wrong turn.

"What do you want to know?" She slid onto a chair.

"What was that? You were freaking us out mate."

"A nightmare. Or a memory to be more precise." She shuddered as if just thinking about it gave her the chills.

"Speaking of memories I can't find your baby teeth." Tooth said.

"Two reasons. One they were destroyed because of some odd reason. Two. My childhood wasn't the greatest in the world."

Does she remember her childhood?

"At least the vibes I get from my past point to that." Okay then.

"Who was that lady you were with and how could she see you?" Normally adults can't see us unless they interacted with us for a good bit of time as children through adulthood.

"That was my mom. She's always been able to see things others aren't able to." She smiled.

"Your mom is still alive?! How old are you?" North asked slamming a cup on the table.

"I'm-what day is it?" She asked.

"July 30." I answered looking at the calendar.

"Sixteen. I'm sixteen." She is the youngest guardian we have but she still seems more powerful than Sandy.

"Do you know how you died?" Tooth asked. Okay I understand why they're asking but still. They don't know how I died.

She shook her head.

The workshop suddenly darkened.

"Schist!" Percy cursed. Did she say schist? What even is that?

A boy tumbled out of the shadows, reminding me of Pitch's entrances and exits.

Apparently it reminded the others too because they drew their weapons.

Except Percy who was standing there like that's the most normal thing in the world.

"Looks like I found Santa Claus." He laughed darkly.

Percy dissolved and reappeared behind the boy.

"Shut up Neeks." She knocked him upside the head.

He turned and leapt at her, causing us to point our weapons at him.

"You are dead Jackson." He growled but Percy was unfazed.

"Neeks calm your roll. Besides I'm already dead." They then slipped off into the same language Percy was crying out in.

"Well this is unexpected." I said watching the two of them.

'Neeks' looked resigned and said something that resulted in thunder rumbling.

"Now that that's over everyone this is my little cousin Nico." Percy introduced the goth boy.

"You know I'm older than you by like seventy years. So blah." He stuck his tongue out.

"If you're older than me take care of me."

"Hi big couz." Nico said, grudgingly giving Percy a hug.

"Now hold on a sec. This is your cousin? How do you even remember him?" Bunny asked, for some reason making a dandelion crown.

"Dandelions! Get them away! They're evil!" Nico screamed and hid behind Percy.

"Still scared of dandelions?" She asked amused.

"Do you still crave lettuce?" He rebutted. Lettuce?

"Last time I ever dress as a boy." She mumbled.

"So what is- Are those blue cookies?!" Nico grabbed one and Percy glared.

"di Angelo. You are dead." She lunged and grabbed the kid by his jacket.

"Not again." He groaned.

Percy walked over to the window and threw Nico out of it.

"There." The shadows darkened again and the kid tumbled out.

"I hate you."

"Bye Neeks." She pushed him into the shadows and he disappeared.

I was confused. Is he a spirit or a human?

"I'm going to go do something. Bye." She started dissolving but North grabbed her shoulder.

"You are not going out alone. Jack's going with you."

"What?!" Me and Percy chorused. North glared at us.

"Yep. Jack you accompany her." His tone made it final.

But Percy is apparently very stubborn.

"No."

"What?" No one really disobeys North's direct orders. Even if I take the wording very loosely.

"I said no. Some things are personal. This is one of them." She turned and stalked away. I followed.

Shoving open her door she slipped into her room.

I stood outside debating whether or not to enter when I heard sobbing.

"Percy?" I knocked gently.

"Go away." She yelled.

"I'm coming in." I opened the door slowly, not looking in.

"I'm dressed you know." She laughed softly.

I walked in to her laying on her bed, hair splayed around her head like a halo.

Tears streamed down her face as she ran her fingers along the beads of her necklace.

Her eyes were more apologetic than I had ever seen them.

"Are you okay?" I sat on her bed.

"I don't know. But see these beads?" She touched her necklace.

"Yeah. What about them?" Did she remember something?

"I was twelve and I started going to a camp. Each year you continue to go there you get a bead. If you live that is."

"What?" If you live?

"A lot of kids in my family don't make it past age thirteen."

That's just. I don't know what that is.

"But each of these beads represents something. I don't remember what but I know they're important."

"But what were you going to go do?" I'm curious.

Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back.

"There was a boy at the camp. He was my friend. But then he betrayed us. He tried to kill me several times. But in the end he sacrificed himself. He died on my birthday so I couldn't go visit the secret memorial I made on that day. I decided to do it once a month on the 30th."

I nodded. No wonder she said it was personal.

"Go. I'll tell North that you are exploring the Pole."

"Thanks Jack." She started dissolving.

"Just get back before ten. I won't be able to cover for you then."

"Okay." She disappeared fully and I walked out.

Well time to go story telling.

I wonder what Jamie is doing?