Part 2 Chapter 4

I remember when my messages stopped going through. He was on his way home from training. He was still fucking drunk as hell.

He read my message.

I stopped hearing from him.

My messages stopped going through.

He disappeared on my snapchat.

What the fuck happened?

This heartbreak was 20x's worse than Evan. I can't tell you how fucking broken I was over this.

It was that second love. The one that we all wish was right.

He and I texted from sun up to sun down.

I can't tell you how long this went on.

How long I wondered if he was going to come back. I finally decided he wouldn't.

I started seeing this random guy. Honestly the kid got on my nerves. I don't know why I thought being with him was a good thing to do.

This lasted for a couple of weeks I assume. Maybe 3, I'm not sure. He became my best friend though. So I think that's what happened with Sam. I friendzoned him but I also didn't have the heart to tell him that.

I remember how it felt having Ty leave me the way he did.

He didn't love me.

He lied.

He didn't mean anything he ever said to me.

I remember exactly what I was doing the night Ty texted me again.

I was at the Dollar Tree, we were getting stuff for my brothers fiancés bridal shower.

I remember the conversation so FUCKING vividly.

Ty: Hey.

Me: Can I help you?

Mind you my heart dropped to my throat when I saw that number pop up on my phone.

Ty: No you can't. I shouldn't have texted you I'm sorry. I don't deserve you. I never did. I got scared.

Me: You got scared? You know I fell in love once. His name was Evan. Said the same thing you did. That he got scared. That he had fun with me, but he wasn't ready. You're just like him.

Ty: So tell me what to do. Tell me to leave for good. Idc just tell me what I need to do.

By this point I was hysterically crying and my sister just decided she wanted to play every fucking sad song in her playlist.

You know...

Running Low by Shawn Mendes and a bunch of other bullshit songs.

Me: I want YOU to deserve me.

Ty: Huh?

Me: I miss you so much. I miss the texts, I miss the plans. I miss you. I miss us.

Ty: Me too. So fucking bad it hurts. I can't sleep at night.

Me: Why did you do it Ty? We could've talked about it instead of you leaving.

Ty: I know I'm sorry, I'm a pos. I'm so sorry I could drive to greenbrier right now and kiss you and tell you how much I love you.

Me: Then do it. Prove to me that you want me. Because I can't believe you.

Ty: I will. I love you so much.

Me: I sure hope so.

Ty: Come up here, I want to see you.

Me: I can't.

Ty: Please goddamn it please. I want to see you. I want to rub your back and kiss you.

Ty: I love you.

Me: I can't believe you. I want to but I can't.

Ty: I understand.

I don't know why I believed him.

I will tell you, instantly I dropped Sam. I wanted Ty. I will always fucking want Ty.

I know I broke Sam's heart, but I didn't care. I didn't care enough about him.

Even though I hadn't ever met Ty, he was the person I wanted.
________

Hi Sam 👋🏼.

-Kayla