Fading Out

Ivory's POV

Bowling was a bust. Kim got a strike every single time, and I was too weak to even pick up the ball. After Trace and I had that moment, everything has been so great. He was a perfect gentleman: opening doors, staying by my side to ensure my safety. But, that made everything so depressing. I don't have much time left, I can feel it. I'm always exhausted. I'm getting weaker and weaker. My body is getting horribly sore, and I'm starting to see bruises form around my body, Fortunately, they're not noticeable. I just wish I could go back in time, and fall in love with Trace before my leukemia. So our time didn't have to be so short. Trace drove me home and showered me with kisses, tickling me. I tried to deflect them, but that just made him try even more, and me laugh even harder. Kyle had been bothering me all night.  

His texts consists of the words: We need to talk.

                                                  I miss you.

                                                 Call me when you get this.

Just seeing those texts made me want to throw something. How could he do this to me? How could he cheat on me with the one person I used to care the most about? My now enemy. Kyle was such a good friend. My best friend, and he changed. But why? Why did he change? Did I change him? Was he influenced? I don't know. I blame myself for the break up. I should have never said yes. I could still have my old Kyle back. But people change in good and bad ways. Proven from personal experience. As usual, I head to bed and just sleep it all off.

I wake up. Feeling disgusting, but not enough to skip school. I get up and get in the shower. Today's the first day that I'm officially WITH Trace. So, I might as well make an effort to look good. I pick out a black floral dress with a pink cardigan on top. I also match it with pink heels and my monkey purse. I then head to the bathroom. I take a shower and do my hair and makeup. I wear mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick. I look in the mirror and admire how I cleaned up so well.

I have a few minutes to spare so I check over all of my homework, and go downstairs to grab something to eat. Mom decided to cook a huge breakfast. There were eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, pancakes, toast, juice and milk glasses sprawled all around the table. My mouth was literally watering.

"Wow. Mom. You haven't cooked like this in..." I stop trying to remember when was the last time she even cooked.

"Ages?" She finishes for me. I nod and give her a look of sorrow.

"Well. I've decided that family breakfasts are somewhat important now. Your father and I are going to start paying more attention to you; both." She says while looking at Jess and I. "We finally realized that you can't raise a family AND take business calls at the same time." Says my dad.

My heart melts at everything they're saying. I just hope it's not too late.

A doorbell then rings and Jess opens the door for Trace. He walks in and my family are all really surprised but greet him. "Hi Trace!" Says my mom. "Breakfast?" She asks.

"I don't want to impose." He says. "It's the least we can do." Said my dad. Trace then agrees and gives me a kiss on the cheek. I blush at this, seeing that my family's eyes are glued on us.

"So are you two... dating?" Asks Jess. My mother and father's eyes are practically asking the same question.

"Y-yea." I say.

"What happened to Kyle?" Asks Jess.

"Things didn't work out." I say, hiding my face. Jess looks at me curiously and drops the topic.