True Friendship

Ivory's POV

I woke up with a million butterflies swarming in the pit of my stomach. I didn't to want to open my eyes. I didn't want to face what's out there. So I just lay here, warm and comfortable, without a care in the world.

"Ivory. Get up. You're going to be late sweetheart." I groan in my pillow.

"Okaaay. I'm getting up." I say. I lay my feet on the ground, feeling the cold floor. Feeling like a zombie, I make my way to the shower and begin somewhat of a daily routine. I rush to turn the hot water on and make a satisfying noise once my skin comes in contact with the refreshing water. I then shampoo my hair with Le Crème shampoo. Moisturizing each strand very carefully. I then rinse it out, making sure I had gotten all of the leftover residue. Next, I coat my hair with Le Crème conditioner. I precisely twist small sections of my hair and let it wait for a few minutes. I then head back into the shower and wash my hair out, ending up with perfect, long locks. As I step out of the shower I brush my hair and put it up into a clip to let it dry.

I then go and pick out my outfit. A long, red dress that outlines my curves perfectly, and a jean jacket on top, along with black heels. After I attire myself with the clothes, I go and blow dry my hair. I then put light pink lip-gloss on and basic makeup. I'm finally done, and admire myself in the mirror. How did I do this? It's like I remembered it from somewhere. When I look at old pictures of myself I see an insecure girl. Not properly dressed, waiting to break out of her shell. So how did I do all of... this?

I continue to question myself while I descend downstairs, engulfed by the smell of bacon and eggs.

"Good morning." I say, with my eyes glued to the table of heaven before me.

"Good morning dear." Says my dad. "Why don't you join us?" I am relieved by his act of generosity and accept his offer.

"So we actually wanted to talk to you about last night." Says my mom. "We were very worried, you can't just walk out like that. You should of at least told us where you were going."

"Yea. It's not fair of you to leave us. We can't lose you again. We just got you back." Says my dad.

I felt a pang of guilt in my heart with those words. "I'm sorry. It was just so much to take in at that moment. I didn't think about my actions. It's going to take a while for me to grow some sort of comfort to this house." I reply.

"We understand. But if it happens again, wear a sweater next time, okay?" Asks my mom.

I laugh at her request. "Sure."

I then look at the time. It's 6:41 a.m. so I grab my car keys and backpack. I check in the mirror one last time and head out to my car.

I'm following a GPS because I don't know my way to school. So to say that her annoying, squeaky, bossy voice was irritating me was an understatement. And I'm lost! So that's just great. I am guided to a stop light, seeing a red cruiser. I must not be on the right track. As I near the red cruiser. I see Trace. I'm delighted that I'm not lost... until I see a brunette girl behind him. I couldn't get a good look of her face. I was very confused. Had Trace gotten over me that quickly? Has he found another girl? I couldn't help but feel hurt for some reason. The light then turns green, and a car honks behind me, taking me out of my trance.

I then arrive a Redville Knights High School. There were so many people scattered in groups, socializing. Those two girls in the picture were staring at my car, with confusion plastered over their faces. Oh gosh. I can already see the reaction I'm going to get today by the looks of those two. I start to back up, rushing to get out of there, until I hear a tap on my window.