One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter Four: Hypocrite

Chapter Four

Let the Flames Begin by Paramore

Somewhere weakness is our strength,
And I'll die searching for it
I can't let myself regret such selfishness
My pain and all the trouble caused

---

Elena's home was gorgeous. The perfect specimen of antebellum houses, Kiara decided smiling her usual bright smile. She had dressed herself in a beautifully floral patterned skirt and peasant blouse the same light blue of the flowers. Jordyn was dressed in a much shorter and tighter black skirt and a bright red satin tank-top under a black denim jacket.

They walked up the porch steps and knocked gently on the door. Footsteps sounded and the door was opened. A woman with long, dark blonde hair looked at them smiling. "Hi there. You're Kiara and Jordyn right? I'm Elena's aunt, Jenna."

"How do you do?" Kiara asked politely.

"Manners, nice for a change." Jenna remarked chuckling as she opened the door all the way. "Come on in. Everyone's already here."

Jordyn grimaced. "Late. Oh wonderful," She muttered under her breath.

Jenna led them into the dining room. "Hey everyone! Two more!" Jenna turned and went back to the kitchen.

Elena and Stefan were in the two seats on the right side of the table. Bonnie was on the far end and Tyler, who looked annoyed at having to be here, was across from Bonnie. Jordyn took the empty seat next to Bonnie and Kiara took the seat by Tyler.

"Sorry we're late." Kiara said smiling.

"Your not late." Elena replied, giving the girl a small smile. "The others were just early is all."

Good. Jordyn thought rolling her eyes.

"What is the world coming to when werewolves eat at the same table as vampires?" A voice asked out loud. Tyler tensed and cast a hate-filled look at Stefan who sighed, eyes moving to the person who had just spoken.

"You stole my Mercedes, witch."

Kiara recognized that voice. Elena sighed. "Kiara, Jordyn, this is-"

"Damon." Jordyn finished, eyes narrowed at the vampire. "We've met."

"You have?" Stefan asked surprised.

Jordyn wasn't paying attention to Stefan, her eyes were set on the dark-haired, blue eyed man in front of her. So he owns that mammoth of a house, huh? "Technically," she spoke. "It isn't your Mercedes, it never was." She raised an eyebrow. "And how can it be stealing if the owner gave me the keys?" Or at least, had told me where he kept the keys.

"Technically," Damon mocked, ignoring the latter part of Jordyn's statement. "It was in my driveway."

"So?" Jordyn retorted, arms crossed. "I was in your driveway, doesn't mean you own me."

Damon smirked as he looked the witch up and down, eyes roaming her body. "Maybe I do."

Jordyn scowled but couldn't reply since Jenna walked in at that moment.

"The food will be done in about fifteen minutes. So," She grinned. "What's new?"

"Um…"

"Why hello Jenna. Might I say you look charming as ever." Damon lifted the woman's hand and laid a kiss on the back of it.

Jenna's expression turned annoyed. "And what are you doing here Damon? Never mind." She shook her head and left the room.

Damon feigned a look of hurt and looked at the rest of them. "She doesn't like me very much, does she?"