One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter Twenty Five: Preparing For the End

Chapter Twenty Five

All She Knows by Bruno Mars

Everyday same old things

So used to feelin pain

Never had real love before

And it ain't her fault

~~~

Jordyn had no magic.

No magic meant no spell to hide Kiara's power.

No magic meant no backup against the wolves.

No magic meant no backup against Jaden.

And no magic meant Jordyn couldn't protect herself.

Kiara dropped onto her bed as the repercussions of what this meant hit her like a ton of bricks.

This wasn't helpful, it wasn't right, and it wasn't fair, but if Kiara had learned anything from being a slave, it was that life wasn't fair.

Kiara gritted her teeth together. She didn't need to rely on Jordyn to help her. Kiara had been helping herself for a long time, before she ever even came to Mystic Falls, and she wasn't about to become a weak damsel now.

Kiara grabbed the little green pouch hanging around her neck. She had tried to shove thoughts about it out of her mind, but now she had to decide if it was worth using or not.

It was…but not yet. Kiara would use it just before the fight with Jaden and deal with the consequences later.

~~~

"I'd like permission to take Gwendolyn with us when we go to capture your daughter." Jaden stated, a smirk on his face as if he was relishing the surprised look on the kitsune's face.

Masashi looked at him slowly, a frown on his face. "Why?"

"Insurance." Jaden replied as if it was simply. "We might be able to convince Kiara that we will free her mother if she comes back with us."

"And why would we want to do that?" Masashi asked suspiciously.

"We wouldn't and we won't, but as long as we get Kiara to believe we will it doesn't matter what we do." Jaden's smirk deepened as if he was rather pleased with himself for coming up with the idea.

Masashi highly doubted that, but kept his opinion to himself, instead choosing wisely to pick his battles. "What do you plan on doing with Kiara when you get her back here?" He asked in a guarded tone.

Jaden grinned. "The same thing I planned to do with her before she ran. Marry her."

Masashi arched an eyebrow. "Just like that? Forgive and forget?" His tone was dubious.

Jaden's grin turned wicked. "I can be married to someone with bruises. That's all that Kiara really needs, a few good beatings."

Masashi hesitated before slowly nodding. "We will take Gwendolyn."

Jaden nodded and left, leaving Masashi to stare at the wall. The only emotion visible was the grim look within Masashi's dark eyes.

Masashi would free Gwendolyn…or kill her himself, because he knew that she could never see what Jaden intended for their daughter.

Gwendolyn would never be able to life with herself if she did.

~~~

Jordyn took a calming breath, her eyes shut as she summoned all vestiges of her strength.

The instant she opened her eyes, she began to twirl the curved sword in her hand with a deadly precision. The sword had been a fifteenth birthday present from Klaus.