One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter Twenty One: The Lie of Forever

Chapter Twenty One

Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy

We walked along a crowded street

You took my hand and danced with me in the shade

And when you left you kissed my lips

You told me you would never ever forget these images, no

~~~

Jordyn dodged the vampire, who launched himself at her. She swung her leg at him as she crouched low to the ground.

Dimitri appeared behind her, a smirk on his face as he grabbed her right hand and twisted it backwards, causing the stake to fall to the ground and a gasp of pain to escape the witch's lips. "Why don't you use your magic, Jordyn?"

Growling, she swung her other fist at him, but he caught it with ease.

"Is it because you don't see me as a threat?" He flung her at the wall, the smirk never leaving his face. "Or is it because you can't?"

Jordyn gritted her teeth and pulled herself back up. She glared at him as she wiped the blood on her forehead away to keep it from falling into her eyes.

"I'm right, aren't I?" The smirk grew. He appeared right by her. He sniffed, the scent of her blood coming to him. His face vamped out. "And now, I'm going to drain you dry for what you did to Vasya."

"What happened to Vasya was her own fault." Jordyn remarked, her face expressionless as he leaned in closer to her while she silently thought of a plan to get out of this.

That response only worked in pissing the vampire off even more. "Oh yeah? Well, how does it feel to have killed the one person who was foolish enough to love a frigid bitch like you?"

That caused Jordyn's emotionless façade to fade away into a look of pure anger. "Shut up!" Angry tears filled her eyes. "…just…shut up."

"You killed him." Dimitri continued on, a cruel smirk on his face. "I heard the stories. He tried to save you but you killed him instead."

"I. Said. Shut. Up!" Completely silver eyes glared upon the vampire, anger twisting the beautiful face into something much more terrifying. "You never know when to fucking shut up, do you?" Her fist connected with Dimitri's face, sending him crashing into the side of the building.

She walked forward to him. "Did you ever even think about the fact that I more than earned the title of monster?" She hissed, silver eyes glowing darkly just as they had when she had punched Elijah.

Dimitri's eyes widened in fear at the inhuman being in front of him. "What are you?"

A cold smirk appeared on her face. "Your death, obviously." In that instant, her hand pierced the flesh of his chest with paranormal speed and strength before pulling his heart out. Her eyes were colder than the Arctic. "Goodbye Dimitri." She crushed his heart in her hand.

Jordyn's eyes changed back to normal, confusion at what had just happened appearing in them right before her body swayed to the side and she fell with a thump.

"Lucas." She whispered just before everything went black. She didn't even hear the voice that shouted her name.

~~~

New Orleans, Six Months Ago

It was early spring and Jordyn had just turned seventeen a few weeks prior. Currently, she was cursing her alarm clock that was going off.

"Too loud." Lucas mumbled, burying his head into Jordyn's bare shoulder as his arm tightened around where it laid on Jordyn's waist.

Jordyn rolled her eyes before a soft smile crossed her face. "I've got to go, babe."