One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter Twenty Two: Moment of Peace

Chapter Twenty Two

House of Wolves by My Chemical Romance

And I said, ashes to ashes, we all fall down

I wanna hear you sing the praise

I said, ashes to ashes, we all fall down

We got innocence for days

~~~

"Are you sure you should be sleeping in this house while it has a giant hole in it?" Tyler asked.

Kiara looked up from the dining room table to look at the car-sized hole in the living room wall. "Probably not, but I've got no where else to stay."

"You could stay at my house." Tyler offered.

Kiara looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "Your mom would be okay with that?"

Tyler laughed and shook his head. "Probably not, but you've got to find a place to stay."

"Kiara! Tyler! What happened here?" Both looked up to find Elena and Stefan staring in awe at the gaping hole.

Kiara blushed embarrassed. "I might have accidentally driven Tyler's car into the house."

"Are you okay?" Stefan asked hesitantly.

"Yes." Kiara replied. "What can I do for you?" She asked curiously, wondering what had made Elena and Stefan decide to drop by for a visit.

Elena stepped through the hole but Stefan remained on the porch. Kiara looked at Stefan confused and asked, "You haven't been invited in yet?"

Stefan frowned. "I guess not."

Tyler scoffed. "Jordyn invited Damon in before inviting Stefan in?" From the tone of his voice, he obviously was thinking that Jordyn wasn't all there in the head.

"Jordyn invited Damon in?" Elena asked. She chewed on her lip nervously. Obviously she had done the same and it had worked out less than pleasantly for her.

"You can come in, Stefan." Kiara said.

He nodded his thanks and joined the rest of them in the dining room. He took a seat before saying, "I came here to ask about Jordyn."

"She's not here right now." Kiara replied.

"I know that." Stefan said. "She's in New Orleans right now-"

"What is she doing in New Orleans?" Kiara asked, cutting Stefan off.

Stefan finished his sentence, "-with Damon."

"Is she out of her mind?" Tyler asked.

"We to go after them." Elena remarked, worry clear on her face.

Only Kiara stayed calm as she said with a smile, "Good for them."

When the rest of them simply stared at Kiara in shock as if she was insane, she rolled her eyes. "You had to have noticed. I mean, they've even kissed!" Though technically I'm not supposed to know that, she thought wryly.

"Really?" Elena asked surprised.

"Really." Kiara replied. There was silence as everyone absorbed this new piece of information. "So what do you need to know about Jordyn?"

"I was going to ask why she would be in New Orleans but," Stefan frowned, "now its pretty obvious."

"What does any of this have to do with new exit in your house?" Elena asked, having previously been so intent on studying the damage that she hadn't heard Kiara's previous answer in regards to how the hole came to be.