One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter Twenty Six: A Time to Be Thankful

Chapter Twenty-Six

Angel With A Shotgun by The Cab

They say before you start a war,

You better know what you're fighting for.

Well baby, you are all that I adore,

If love is what you need, a soldier I will be.

~~~

"Why are we celebrating Thanksgiving?" Damon arched an eyebrow at his brother, who was sitting in the room that had once been their father's study.

Elena stopped looking through the wide collection of books that were in the bookshelves that lay against the wall and turned towards the other two. "We have a lot to be thankful for this year, Damon." Stefan nodded in agreement with his girlfriend.

"Oh really?" Damon remarked. "Like what?"

Elena rolled her eyes before saying seriously, "Well for one, we're all alive." She smiled.

Damon snorted. "Speak for yourself." He crossed his arms. "You know what? I don't care what you two do, just don't count on me being here for your little Hallmark family Thanksgiving."

Elena let out an exasperated sigh as Damon turned to walk out.

Stefan, however, had a slightly smug grin on his face as he called out after Damon, "Well, I guess we'll just have to invite Jordyn and Kiara over without you."

That caused Damon to pause before he backed up so he could look at Stefan with an eyebrow raised. "Why would I care if you invited them over or not?"

Elena, who had caught on to what Stefan was trying to do, frowned.

"Blackmail, Damon." Stefan stated. "If you don't come, who will stop me from telling Jordyn about your many…flings."

Damon's eyes narrowed suspiciously on Stefan. "Once again, why should I care?"

"Because you have feelings for her." Stefan smirked, knowing that his plan was working.

Elena sighed, not liking the way Stefan was manipulating Damon. If Damon didn't want to have Thanksgiving dinner with them, it was his choice. They shouldn't force him into doing something he didn't want to do.

"And what makes you think that?" Damon inquired.

"Know, not think." The younger brother responded. "It's obvious, Damon."

"Oh really?" He frowned.

"Really. Now, go invite them over for tomorrow."

"Who said I was even coming?" Damon retorted, arms crossed as he looked at his brother defiantly.

Stefan simply raised an eyebrow in reply.

~~~

Kiara was watching the television when there was a knock at the door. Since Jordyn was currently in the shower, Kiara stood up to go answer it.

It was Tyler.

Kiara blinked before smiling happily. "Hello Tyler. I didn't think I'd get a chance to see you today."

"Do you have plans for Thanksgiving?" He questioned with an eyebrow raised.

Kiara frowned before lookin down and slowly shaking her head. "Jordyn said its too expensive."

Tyler looked uncomfortable as he looked away. "Well, I was wondering if you'd like to come over and have dinner with me and my mother." His mother had been pestering him for weeks to meet Kiara and wouldn't relent until he had finally agreed to invite her to their little Thanksgiving dinner.