One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter Nineteen: Broken Pieces

A/N: The multimedia pic is of Lucas!

Chapter Nineteen

Over Again by Cavo

Somebody told me something

Nobody cared to tell you the truth

You never found a reason

Caught in a lie and it's all that you're used to

(living a lie)

~~~

Life is never easy. Life is never carefree. Life is filled with misery. The sooner you get that through your head, the sooner you can spare yourself unneccessary pain.

I knew these rules. I accepted them. After all, I was a monster. Wasn't that prove enough that life isn't easy?

I didn't complain though. I enjoyed it. I mean, sure the first kill was rough but everything went smoothly after that.

Klaus taught me how to control my emotions, how to block them from affecting me.

Everything worked out well.

I'd help Klaus in whatever mad venture he fancied and in return…he treated me as if I belonged.

Everything changed though because of that one man.

I changed.

All because of an annoying, smartass Cajun by the name of Lucas Roche.

~~~

The sun shone brightly down, humidity hanging in the air. New Orleans was definitely miles apart from Mystic Falls, which had already begun to cool down do to the approaching winter.

Never had Jordyn expected to come here. Not again. But stupid Damon didn't think! Though, she couldn't really blame Damon since he didn't know the events that had taken place six months prior.

But still. They needed to be on their way to Boston right now. She had to find that cocky bastard Aiden.

She couldn't be here.

New Orleans, for her, was like a living monument, a living memory, of what her stupidity and Klaus had caused for her to lose.

Her emerald eyes landed on a small shop that had wooden boards across the windows and the door.

It looked abandoned, but Jordyn remembered a time when it housed two beings who had managed to get on Klaus's bad side.

And in that second, her mind drifted and unwanted memories began to course through her head.

~~~

.

New Orleans, One and a Half Years Ago

Two targets.

Two names.

Dimitri and Vasya Trekov.

Not that the witch would remember. Her job was simply to follow the traitorous duo whom had wronged Klaus in some way and report back to Klaus her findings.

A simple mission, he claimed.

All Jordyn did now was arch an eyebrow and mentally scoff, wondering when Klaus would ever realize that nothing was ever simple in their world.

Nonetheless, here she was, outside of the small shop the targets owned on Bourbon Street. Boredom was clear on her face as she lay on the roof of a building directly across from it with a cover spell already in effect, shielding her from the prying eyes of others.