One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter Twenty: The Beautiful Dead

A/N: The multimedia pic is of Gabriel Larieux, whom you meet in this chapter!

Chapter Twenty

Ghost of Me by Daughtry

Don't look over your shoulder

'Cause that's just the ghost of me you're seein' in your dreams

Wait, there's no rhyme or reason

Sometimes there's no meanin' in the visions when you're sleepin'

Don't wake up and believe them

You're lookin' at the ghost of me

~~~

Le Mort Belle was near the French Quarter. It had been around for…a decade or so. The outside of it was a dark red with black strips on it.

Jordyn held in a sigh as she looked up at the building. Her emerald eyes shone with the fear that she hid within her self.

She was anxious.

Why, out of the many nightclubs in New Orleans, did Damon choose this one?

Jordyn took a deep breath and glanced a Damon who seemed annoyed.

A slight smirk crossed her face. Just like it always was, the line to gain entrance into Le Mort Belle was long. Damon, being his usual overconfident cocky self, had tried to compel the bouncer to let them in without waiting in line.

Jordyn had watched this from a distance with amusement knowing what Damon did not.

The bouncer was a vampire.

Needless to say, that didn't work and now they were at the very end of the line with a three hour wait…at least.

"How's your shoulder?" Jordyn inquired, eyes on the shoulder the bouncer had crushed.

"Better." Damon rubbed it as he shot a scowl at the bouncer. "How much time do you think it'd take me to dispose of Muscles over there?"

Jordyn arched an eyebrow. "Considering he looks like a pro wrestler…never."

Damon smirked. "What, don't think I can?"

"No, I know you can't." Jordyn stated, a small grin appearing on her face before it faded as she looked back at the nightclub. She closed her eyes and took another deep breath.

When she opened her eyes, Damon's face was inches from hers. She blinked, face becoming red. "Ever hear of a little thing called personal space?"

"Nope." Damon smirked before asking seriously, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Jordyn said a little too quickly.

"Mmhm." It was obvious Damon didn't believe her. He leaned back and crossed his arms. "And why do I not believe that?"

"Because you're mentally challenged." Jordyn retorted.

"More than likely." He grinned.

Jordyn bit her lower lip and looked from her friend to the club and then back to Damon. "Damon." She said slowly.

"Yeah?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Do you really want to wait three hours to get in?"

He shrugged. "Not really but Muscles won't let us in unless we wait in line like good little boys and girls."

Jordyn sighed. "If I could…get the bouncer to let us in right now, would you do what I say for the rest of this trip?"

Damon raised an eyebrow. "Trust me. If I couldn't beat that guy, you can't."