One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter Twenty Eight: Unstable

A/N: I've been having stupid moments a lot lately lol XD For example, in my Engliash class the Journal prompt was: For those of you who went to New York, what did you do? For those of you who didn't, what would you do if you went to New York? My first thought? I WOULD GO TO THE EIFFEL TOWER! ...Now InnocentKitsune thinks I'm an idiot even more than she thought before lol, especially when I told her that when I was watching Jepoardy the other day.

There was the final question which was about in what state was there a pivotal battle during the revolutionary war in December 1776. Of course, I remember that George Washington crossed the Deleware river in December 1776 and fought a battle...so I look at my dad and say "What state is the Deleware river in?" Total facepalm moment lol XD I feel so stupid!

Also, who all saw episode 3x19? And those of you who did, who else thought HELL YES! FINALLY! when a certain part happened ;) (not going to say what part I'm talking about just in case someone reading this story hasnt seen the episode yet, but those of you who have know what I'm talking about!) :D

~~~

Chapter Twenty Eight

Survive by Rise Against

To spend your waking moments, simply killing time

Is to give up on your hopes and dreams, to give up on your...

Life for you, (who we are) has been less than kind

So take a number, (who we are) stand in line

We've all been sorry, (who we are) we've all been hurt

But how we survive, (who we are) is what makes us who we are

~~~

Tyler had decided to finally put the canoe away for the winter. Surprisingly, the weather had managed to stay decently warm even this far into November, but he knew he probably shouldn't push his luck.

"You're distracted." A voice said amused from behind Tyler, causing him to jump. "That's not good for someone of our kind." He turned and saw Jules standing just outside the garage, staring at him amused.

"What are you doing here?" Tyler questioned.

"Looking for the druid like I told you."

Tyler ran a hand through his hair annoyed. "No here as in Mystic Falls, I mean here as in my house."

Jules smiled wryly. "Its customary to greet the alpha, if you will, in a foreign territory and since you're the only wolf here…"

Tyler rolled his eyes. "Yes, well, I've been greeted. You can go now."

Jules arched a brow. "Don't worry. I'm not starting my search just yet. I have some business in Richmond to take care of first. I just thought I should let you know I was in the area…and that whatever you're hiding, I'll find it." Tyler looked away, gritting his teeth to keep himself silent.

"However, when I do start looking for the druid, I'll try to stay out of your way."

"Best news I've heard yet." Tyler stated, not bothering to hide his contempt for the female werewolf.

~~~

Kiara had a wonderful life here on Earth and Jaden was not going to ruin it no matter what she had to sacrifice, though she didn't have much left that she could sacrifice. What she did have, though, was her life, her freedom and dignity.

She also had her heritage.

A few months before in the Dark Dimension…

Kiara was crying. She should be happy, she knew she should be happy, but she wasn't. She was horrified.