One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter One: Mystic Falls

Hey everyone! This story "One Step Closer" based on the song by Linkin Park! This is a story worked on jointly by me and my friend who i'll call InnocentKitsune. My OC is Jordyn Andrews and hers is Kiara. This our first attempt at a story together so please NO flames. (Also the picture in the multimedia is of Jordyn :) )

Side of a Bullet by Nickelback

And in the wake of his mistake
So many lives are broken
Gone forever from a loaded bullet
And no excuse you could use
Could pull somebody through it
And to this day so many say
God, why'd you let him do it?

Kiara was running. She had to. She had to leave here or else…She didn't get to finish her thought as she noticed her chasers were catching up.

What should I do? Her dark forest green eyes glanced around her worried. I can't let them catch me!

"Please let this work." She whispered slowing to a stop. She closed her eyes. Just as one of her chasers moved to grab her…Kiara disappeared.

~~~

"It's my life! It's now or never! I ain't gonna live forever!" A black porsche zoomed past the 'Welcome to Mystic Falls' sign. The driver, a teenaged girl with chestnut brown hair, had the window rolled down with the stereo blaring. A smirk was on her face, her silverish emerald eyes bright.

She glanced behind her in annoyance as she heard the familiar sound of a police siren.

Jordyn rolled her eyes and sped up, expertly avoiding running into anything. Incompetent poli- "What the hell?" Jordyn swerved the car to a stop before she spun around to look in the backseat.

Sitting there looking dazed was a young woman with long bluish-black hair whom had seemingly appeared out of nowhere.

Kiara did not realize that teleporting would give one such a headache. The girl driving the vehicle, not much older than Kiara herself, swerved the vehicle to the right before she turned around and faced Kiara. She repeated, "What the hell?"

Kiara knew this place was not hell because she had just come from hell. However, "what" and "the" were English words and that narrowed it down to a few Earth countries.

Kiara looked into the girl's eyes and recognized her as a fellow nonhuman. "You're a witch, yes?"

Even as Kiara sighed in relief, glad she had not fallen into a human's vehicle, the girl said a few choice words before saying, "You work for Klaus don't you?"

Kiara had never heard of Klaus and certainly didn't work for him. She attempted to correct the young girl's assumption but the girl was convinced and there is no stopping someone who is fully convinced.

"You can tell Klaus that I'm not going to help him and that threats don't scare me!" The witch mumbled a cover spell and escaped from the vehicle. Kiara crawled into the front seat and looked out the window at the man climbing out of a similar vehicle, except this vehicle had fancy, multi-colored lanterns on the top. The man heaved himself out of the vehicle, it took a mighty heave because the man had a mighty lot to heave out.

He shuffled to the vehicle Kiara was in and said, "Ma'am, do you realize that this is a stolen car?"

"Oh dear," said Kiara. "Oh dear."

~~~

How the hell did Klaus find me already? Jordyn wondered in a panic as she finally undid her cover spell. She had thought she'd be safe from him finding her for at least a few weeks.

As Jordyn thought back to the girl who had appeared in the car that she had "borrowed", the more confused Jordyn became. She was confused because the girl wasn't like the other supernaturals Klaus had sent after her previously. There had been something almost like….innocence surrounding the girl, which confused the young witch even more.