One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter Thirteen: Lurking Darkness

Chapter Thirteen

Forever Gone, Forever You by Evanescence

There's something very wrong about this

I think you knew all along somehow

You'll only take me to change my mind

And leave me broken and defeated

~~~

Kiara was still shaking from what Aiden had said when Jordyn pulled the car into the driveway, something Jordyn wasn't even supposed to do considering she was still recovering but Jordyn wouldn't listen to anyone and no one can stop the witch once her mind was set on something.

Kiara was unbuckled and out of the car before Jordyn had even fully put the car in park. Immediately, she went upstairs and pulled her clothes out of her dresser. She threw them on her bed.

Jordyn entered Kiara's room. "What are you doing?" Jordyn looked confused and slightly annoyed.

"I'm packing, obviously." Kiara remarked.

"Sarcasm, nice." Jordyn leaned against the doorway, an eyebrow raised. "Where are we going?"

"Jordyn, you're not coming. Just me. I have to leave." Kiara didn't even look up at the witch as she continued to fill her backpack with essentials. "And I have to leave now."

Jordyn sighed before standing right in front of the doorway. "Nuh-uh. You, little missy, aren't going anywhere until you tell me what's up." Especially considering that earlier I was the one who was planning on leaving.

Kiara smiled slightly. "Even if the seal on your powers was gone, you still wouldn't be able to stop me."

Jordyn froze, her green eyes widening for a split second before they narrowed into slits. "So you know about that, huh? For how long?"

"A while." was all Kiara remarked.

"And if I did have my full powers in affect…" Jordyn's voice trailed off, a dark look on her face. "Let's just say, it wouldn't be pretty." She shook her head before looking at Kiara again.

"Let it go Jordyn." Kiara faced her friend completely. "I'm leaving for the good of everyone in the town."

"Since when has being a martyr ever done any good?" Jordyn mumbled under her breath, annoyed at herself as well. Though Kiara does have a point. Leaving would be a smart idea…Hmm… Jordyn thought, a plan formulating in her head. "This person you're running from, whoever it is, will they immediately leave this town in search of you? Or will they search-looking through the town for anyone they can use to help find you? Like Tyler?" Jordyn knew she was hitting below the belt on that one but there was no way in hell Kiara, being as innocent as she was, would be able to survive being on her own. Jordyn, on the other hand, was a different story since she was used to only having herself to trust.

Kiara froze and a single tear slid down her cheek. "They'd torture him. Use him to make me come back." She said in a small voice.

"Are you going to just abandon us?" Jordyn questioned, crossing her arms already knowing what Kiara's answer would be.

"No."

Jordyn held in a sigh. She didn't like acting like this to Kiara. Being manipulative. But it was the only way to buy time for Jordyn to figure out a plan to protect her friend. Even if that meant Jordyn had to leave on her own to lay a false trail for whoever the hell was after her friend.

"Whoever is coming after you will have to deal with me." Jordyn stated stubbornly.

Kiara laughed hysterically. "Easy to say, harder to actually do. I have a month and a half before an angry vampire comes with a horde of low level demons."