One Step Closer {Damon Salvatore} Chapter Fifteen: Soul Mend

Chapter Fifteen

Ashes and Wine by A Fine Frenzy

Is there a chance, a fragment of light

At the end of the tunnel, a reason to fight?

Is there a chance you may change your mind

Or are we ashes and wine?

---

Rain poured outside, thunder clashed, lightning flashed. Damon stared at the rain in disgust from his spot by the window, or what was once a window anyway.

Jordyn's house was crap, pure and simple.

He was the only one in the room with Jordyn at the moment, the first time since early this morning when he had first arrived.

That bastard Elijah had left-refusing to say just where he was going. And Kiara was…he didn't know where Kiara was and, in all honesty, he didn't care.

Damon's sapphire eyes went to where Jordyn lay, face emotionless. He couldn't understand why he even cared what happens to the chestnut haired girl.

She's a witch. That's almost as bad as a human. Worse even! One part of him argued.

If she's just a witch. Why would vervain affect her? The other part pointed out.

It didn't make any sense.

Shaking his head, he walked to the side of the bed. Bed, that thing could barely be called a mattress.

He stared at the pale face, just the slightest hint of emotion showing in his eyes. It was so strange, seeing Jordyn so pale…so lifeless.

'You're my friend', she had said.

Friend huh? Damon thought, fingers lightly touching the side of Jordyn's face. "You can pull through this," Damon said quietly. "You're not some weakling who just gives up…" He glared. "If your really my friend, then prove it. Don't die."

~~~

Jordyn sat in the corner of the room, her knees pulled up against her chest as her eyes remained focused on the wall in front of her.

It continued showing her life, seemingly focusing on the memories of her and Lucas. Tears silently streamed down her face.

She was a monster. No matter how many times Lucas had told her different, she had known the truth.

And now she didn't even have Lucas…she had no one who knew the complete truth about her.

No one who would accept the evil, the darkness, that lived inside of her.

She was a monster.

And monsters deserved to die.

~~~

"I'm not going to tell you where she is." Gwendolyn stated, turning her head away from Jaden, her red curls framing her naturally pale face.

"I know where she is." Jaden remarked. "What I want to know is if your daughter is coming back for you."

"I told Kiara not to." She replied.

Jaden laughed. "Knowing Kiara, she'll be back for you as soon as she can."

"You don't know Kiara. You thought she wasn't going to leave in the first place." Gwendolyn said, a small smirk appearing on the druid's beautiful face.

Jaden scowled. "You better pray she comes back because if I have to go get her, I'll kill everyone she cares for, starting with you!" Aiden had told him about Kiara's wolf, and regardless of whatever Kiara chose, he would still kill filthy mongrel.