"Hayley will kick my ass if I don't talk to you"

Sarah sat on a bench in a small nearby park, the bench was next to a small pond and she was watching the moons reflection on the surface of the dark water.
She didn't know what to do, it wasn't just the kiss, she had been doubtful for some time now, but today of all days, she had felt she had gotten the Tom she fell in love with back.
Sarah sighed, she didn't know if she could forget this, and what about the other things ? What bothered her most were that she didn't understand why ?
Could she expect this to happen again ? But she really didn't feel that he was the cheating type, and she didn't know what had gone wrong, was this his way of ending the relationship ? Did he want out maybe subconsciously ?
"Sarah, Sarah". Suddenly she heard Toms voice calling for her, he sounded almost desperate.
She turned towards his voice. "I am right over here Tom, on the bench by the pond".
He came running over. "Thank God I found you, I should never have let you go out alone at this hour".
"What do you want Tom ? I am not sure that I am ready to talk to you yet". She crossed her arms on her chest trying to hide her feelings.
He sat down next to her. "I am sorry, but Hayley will kick my ass if I don't talk to you and honestly I am more scared of her, than I were of Jerry".
Sarah couldn't help but smile just a little. "What is it that you want to talk about then ? Du you have anything more to confess ?"
"I am so sorry Sarah, I didn't realise, but I have been such an idiot ever since we came back here and I fully understand why, if you want to leave". He folded his hands in his lap.
She looked at him in wonderment, this wasn't at all what she had expected. "What do you mean ?"
"I got scared, I just didn't see it, but I feared I was repeating my mistakes, that I was moving to fast and that it all would come crumbling down on me just like the last time". His voice were shaking lightly.
She almost didn't dare say anything, finally he was opening up regarding his engagement and what had gone wrong. "Go on Tom, I am listening".
"But that were exactly what I was doing, I were repeating my mistakes, I were locking you out and pushing you away, because I were afraid to move to fast, to get to intense". He looked at her, a single tear running down his cheek.
Suddenly everything clicked into place for her, why she had felt sidelined in his life, she gently dried of the tear. "Please Tom, don't cry".
"I can't help it". He smiled sheepishly and she couldn't stop herself, but leaned over, kissing his tears away softly.
He looked at her, blinking, uncertain about what to do, she looked into his eyes. "What now Tom ? Are you going to continue running from your feelings ?"
He pulled her into him, kissing her like his life depended on it, when he finally let her go, he shook his head. "Nope, never again, I promise you that".
"I can't promise you anything for sure, I need to see that I can trust you Tom, but I do forgive you and I am going to stay, if you like me to". She looked at him.
He breathed out and his face split in the biggest smile. "There is nothing I want more Sarah and I am going to do anything to prove that I do love you, and you can trust me".
"I love you to, even though you sometimes are a bloody fool". She kissed him lovingly, cuddling into him, and they stayed on the bench for a while, watching the stars.
"We better get back to Hayley before she starts to panick". Tom got up and grabbed her hand, lacing his fingers with hers.