Unexpectedly-10

Chapter Ten

"Where exactly are we going?" Chelsea asked for the fifth time since I started driving.

"Somewhere," I smirked.

"Come on," she said, tugging my right arm.

I quickly used my right hand to seize her wrists.

"If you keep tugging, we will crash," I said.

She suddenly stopped and pulled her hands away. I quickly grabbed her left hand with my right and held onto it as I kept my left hand on the steering wheel. I could feel her gaze on me, so I turned and smirked. Chelsea rolled her eyes and looked forward.

After a couple of hours, we've finally arrived at the destination, my beach house.

"We're here," I announced.

There was no answer. I turned and looked at Chelsea. How did I not know she was sleeping? I thought.

I quickly took our bags and took them inside my house. Then I quickly went back out to the car. I picked Chelsea up bridal style and locked my car.

How can I not remember that there was only one bedroom too? I groaned.

I went up the stairs to my room and laid Chelsea down on the bed. I put the covers over her and walked back downstairs to bring our bags up.

After I brought the bags up, I went down to the kitchen to cook us dinner since it was already getting late.

After thirty minutes of cooking, I could feel somebody staring at me from behind.

"That's a bit creepy," I said, not turning back.

"What?" She said, trying to be innocent as she walked up to me.

"You staring at me from behind," I chuckled.

"I did no such thing," she said.

I gave her a look and she smiled sweetly.

"So, what do you need help on?"

"I'm almost done. You can go outside and enjoy the view," I said.

"Isn't it going to be cold?"

"It's a lot warmer than it is at home," I chuckled.

"Okay, I'll just walk around. Catch me outside," she smiled before walking out.

**

"And here I thought you couldn't cook," Chelsea teased.

"Never underestimate the best," I smirked as I poured some wine in our glasses.

"So, tell me, why are we here?"

"I just wanted to thank you," I replied.

"I told you it was fine," she smiled.

"Well, I'm just really glad that you agreed," I said, taking a sip of wine.

"So, how long are we staying here?"

"A week," I said.

"A week?" She asked surprised.

"Yep," I chuckled.

"What are the plans then?"

"You and me just hanging out. We're closing the world out for a week," I smiled.

"Are you doing this because of you're departing?" She asked quietly.

"Let's leave that in the closing out the world section," I said.