Unexpectedly-24

Chapter Twenty-Four

I'm so dead, I thought as I stared at the painting of Chelsea that I painted a couple of days ago.

Kali and Rick just dropped it off as they went on a road trip. At first, I didn't approve, but like Chelsea said, they're both adults now so they can handle their own problems. I still worry, but I have other matters to worry about.

Today was the day that I was going to propose to Chelsea. To say that I was scared as hell was an understatement. What ifs are running through my mind and I wish that they weren't so I could act normal because it seems like Chelsea is catching on to my behavior.

"What are you thinking about?" Chelsea asked, wrapping her arms around neck.

"Whatever you want me to think about," I smirked, tilting her head up and kissing her lips.

"Really?"

"Really," I chuckled.

"Hm, what should I say?"

"Actually, you should say yes to dinner with me tonight," I smiled.

"Where?"

"Now that's a surprise," I winked.

"When are you going to not have any surprises left?"

"How about never?"

Chelsea rolled her eyes playfully and pulled back.

"In that case, I should get ready. Right?"

"Can I help you with that?"

Chelsea smirked at me before she turned around and walked away.

"That would be a yes," I answered my own question and followed her into the bedroom.

A couple of hours later, I was dressed and was waiting on Chelsea. I decided to go get some flowers and drop off the painting at the restaurant first. Without her knowledge, of course.

"I need to head somewhere. Be back in a bit. Okay, Babe?" I called from downstairs as my hand slipped into my pocket and I felt the velvet box.

"Yeah," she replied.

I smiled and quickly grabbed the painting. Then I put it in the backseat and drove to the restaurant. After putting it at our private room and covering it up with a cloth, I asked the waiters to watch it carefully and drove to pick up some flowers.

"You ready, Chelsea?" I called once I walked inside the house with the bouquet of flowers in my hand.

"Yeah," she answered, walking towards me.

I whistled at her, "I got these for you, Sexy."

"Well, aren't you cute?" she laughed, kissing me on the cheek and taking the flowers.

"I think I deserve more than a kiss on the cheek," I smirked.

She rolled her eyes and put the flowers away before she walked back to me and kissed me.

I groaned into her mouth and she softly bit my lip. Too soon, she pulled away.

"Maybe I should just cancel everything and you should just take off that dr-"

"Or maybe we can just go as planned," she laughed, pulling me out the door.

"Or that," I chuckled, opening the car door for her to get in before getting in from my side.

I took out a blindfold and she raised an eyebrow.

"It's a surprise," I explained.

"This better be good," she groaned as I tied the blindfold on her.