Unexpectedly-13

Chapter Thirteen

Chelsea's POV

For the last days of our getaway, Leo and I just hungout. We never did what I wanted us to do. I guess that'll have to wait.

Kali and Rick already knows about us dating. It wasn't such a secret when Leo openly kissed me in front of them when we got home. I smiled at the thought.

As I lay on Leo's chest on his bed, I thought about us. Especially about him.

What if something happens to him? What if he or I decide that it won't work out? What if he doesn't come back?

I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them again. I can't think about that. I know that he will come back.

Stupid what if's, I thought.

I turned my body and got chest to chest with Leo. I looked at his closed eyes and strong facial structures. How can things turn out like this?

I was about to reach out and touch his face, when suddenly his hand shot out and grabbed mine. I squeaked and Leo opened his eyes and chuckled.

"How did you do that?"

"Skills," he smirked.

I laughed and rolled my eyes playfully.

Suddenly the mood died down and I remembered something. It came and hit me like a ton of bricks.

"You're leaving tomorrow," I said quietly.

It was quiet for awhile.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I can't cry now. He's going to think that I'm bipolar. I groaned silently.

"Babe, open your eyes," Leo said dragging me up to sit with him on the headboard.

I opened my eyes and a tear fell.

Great, I thought bitterly to myself.

"Don't cry," he said tilting my face up and wiping my tears.

I just shook my head and leaned on his chest as I sat inbetween his legs.

"I'm just scared," I said barely audible.

"I know and I am too. Trust me, I am," he said hugging me from behind.

"Do you still promise to wait for me?"

"If only you do," I answered honestly.

"You know I will. I just hope nobody catches your eyes," he admitted.

I turned to face him. I put my hands on his cheeks and looked directly into his eyes.

"Nobody can replace you. I love you, Leo," I said seriously.

"I love you too, Chelsea. I'm just afraid that when I come back, things are going to be different," Leo replied.

"I'm not like Kayla. I'm nothing like her," I whispered seriously, knowing how much it hurts him.

"I know. That's why I love you. You're unique," he said before leaning in to kiss me.

I kissed him deeply back.,

"I promise to send you letters everytime I get the chance to," he said seriously.

"And I promise to reply to them. No matter how busy I am," I smiled.

Leo smiled and leaned in to kiss me. I kissed back instantly with each and every feeling that I felt for him.

**

When we got to the airport, Leo said his goodbyes to his family and Rick. They were trying to stay strong for him, but barely could. Leo's mom and Kali started crying while Rick and Leo's dad tried to soothe them. They bid a brief hug. Then the family left to wait in the car while Leo depart from me.

"I don't think I can do this," I whispered with tears in my eyes while hugging onto Leo.

"I love you, Chelsea. So damn much," Leo said hugging onto me tightly.

"I love you too, Leo. I really do," I said with tears rolling down my cheeks as I clutch tightly onto him.

"Wait four years and I'll be back for you. We can continue where we left off. I want to start a family with you. I want to see our kids running around and I want to see you in your pregnancy glow. I want you in my future. Please wait for me. I'll do anything for you," he said after he pulled back to look into my eyes.

I nodded my head because I couldn't register the words he had just said into my mind. He already imagined doing all those things. I had imagined them too. I just hope that nothing happens to him because I want the same things also. I'm scared, but I'm willing to wait, just for him.

Leo crashed his lips onto mine. We kissed like it was our last breath. It wasn't a sexual kiss. It was just a kiss that screamed out love.

After a few seconds, we pulled back and I felt a drop on my cheek. I touched my cheek and thought it was mine, but when I looked up at Leo, I saw him with tears rolling down his cheek.

Suddenly, his flight was called over the speakers. I looked around and saw that other soldiers were heading out with him also. I quickly looked back at Leo and saw that he had closed his eyes.

"Leo?"

"Yeah?"

"Here's a picture of me. So you won't forget," I said with tears and handed it to him.

Leo took the wallet sized picture and read the back.

Love happens unexpectedly. Our promise was four years. And four years I will wait. Only for you, because I love you. Promise. Love, Chelsea

Leo look back at me as his flight was called over the speakers again.

"I love you so much Chelsea. Don't forget it. Please take care of my family if you can. I will be back for them and for you. I promise," Leo said wiping my tears.

He leaned in and left a lingering kiss on my lips.

"I'll see you again. I'll be waiting. Hurry before you're late for your flight," I said sadly with tears rolling fastly down my cheeks.

Leo nodded sadly. Then he kissed my lips for the last time for now and walked towards the gate.

"I love you," I said before he got too far.

"I love you, love," he smiled weakly as he walked through it.

Then he disappeared from my sight.

"Please don't make me go through the flag situation again," I said softly.

**

It's been two hours since Leo left. I've been crying since then. I can't get my mind off of him.

Why? Why did he choose to go to that out of everything else?

I have to be strong, I thought.

People who go through the worst times are the most successful. I just hope that I can get through this. I hope that we're successful in somebody's eyes.

Time and hope are the only things I will be thinking about during these next four years.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The highway don't care if you're coming home, but I do, I do." In this case, airplane. SO SAD:'( Have HOPE! I don't really know what to say, so I'm closing xD Love you! Much love, Pachee