Unexpectedly-16

Chapter Sixteen

I snapped my head to the direction where the voice came from.

I felt my heart pound thunderously in my chest.

No, no. It can't be, I repeated in my head.

"Who are you?" Drake asked.

I was still stunned. If he answered, it would be true. I would either keep on dreaming or wake up from the dream that I wish was real.

"Her boyfriend," he answered.

I felt light-headed after hearing the confirmation that I almost dropped to the ground. Drake held onto me, but the man that I am head-over-heels in love with came rushing to my side.

"Chelsea! Are you okay?"

I look over at Leo and pulled away from Drake's hold.

In one swift movement, I was in Leo's arms. Tears were already streaming down my face, and I didn't even know when. It's crazy how everything that is happening right now is happening in the rain.

When I came back to my senses, I tried pulling back from Leo, but he held onto me tightly. I could smell his scent. It wasn't just faintly anymore. It was in front on me. I raised my fists up to his chest and began hitting it.

"I hate you! I hate you so much!" I repeated over and over again.

"I'm so sorry," Leo repeated while he cradled me against his chest.

"Why? Why are you here now?"

"Let's go home and I'll tell you okay? I promise, babe. I'm sorry," he whispered.

I stayed still for a couple of seconds before I nodded and followed his lead.

When did he drive here? And when did it get so cold?

I shivered as I walked towards his car. I look back and saw Drake just standing there dumbfounded. I can't thank him now, but I will soon. I just need to wrap my head around the fact that Leo is back.

Leo opened my door for me as I got to the car. Then he closed the door and quickly got in.

"Are you cold?"

I nodded with chattering teeth.

Leo took my hands into his and he began to blow on it. Then he turned on the heat and began to drive while holding my left hand.

"Chelsea?"

"Yeah?" I said in a shaky voice.

"I promise to tell you everything. I love you so much," he said softly.

I tried to hold back my tears, but I got betrayed. A couple of tears escaped as I heard those words echo in my mind.

"Please say that again," I whispered.

"I love you so much," Leo said seriously as he turned to me.

"I love you too much," I replied as more tears fell.

Leo smiled and rubbed smooth circles on my hand as he continued driving us back home.

Once we got home, we walked in and there was nobody.

Odd, I thought.

"Where's everyone?"

"I think Kali is working late," Leo answered.

My mouth opened.

How does he know?

"I'll tell you everything," Leo said as he took my hand.