Unexpectedly-17

Chapter Seventeen

Leo's P.O.V.

I woke up with my arms wrapped around the woman that I've been missing since the day I left her standing in the airport. A lot has happened to me in the last two years. I don't really want to relive it. Just thinking about it brings back an unpleasant memory.

-Flashback-

"Don't hurt her!" I yelled as I tried to pull away from the two men that were holding me.

The men started laughing.

"What makes you think I'll listen to you?" The man holding onto Coral's hair snarled.

He was right. Why would they listen to me?

"You think you're some kind of hero? You think you can barge into this town and say that to my people? Huh?"

I remained silent.

"Well, think again," he snarled.

Coral cried in pain.

I looked over at her and saw that her cheeks were stained with tears. My heart clenched at the image.

"I can make people come," he began and raised the gun to Coral's head.

"Stop!" I yelled.

He ignored me.

"And go," he said clicking the gun.

"No!" I yelled as he pulled the trigger.

Tears streamed down my face.

"This quickly," he finished as he let go of her hair and her body slumped to the ground.

"No! No! No!" I repeated as I stared at Coral's unmoving body.

"Believe it," he said.

He clicked his gun again and my gaze went up to him.

"Cause you're next," he laughed.

I tried to pull out of the other two men's grip, but I couldn't.

The man raised his gun up and I closed my eyes. Suddenly, a couple of shots was heard.

Am I dead? Why don't I feel anything?

I slowly opened my eyes and saw the man that shot Coral was laying on the ground. Then, I felt the pressure on my arms fade.

What the hell?

I look around and saw a man standing there.

"You alright, bud?"

I nodded.

"Good. Now, come with me," he said.

I didn't move. My gaze was towards Coral's, now lifeless, body.

"Come on. I just saved your life. I promise not to harm you," he said.

I nodded and followed the man.

"Can I give her a proper burial?"

The man nodded and I went to carry her. After the burial, I walked away with no second glance. I didn't want my tears to fall this time.

"So, what's your name?"

"Leo Casher, sir," I answered.

"Screw with the formalities," he said.