Unexpectedly-9

Chapter Nine

I couldn't sleep at all that night . It's not because of the kiss. It's because of Kayla. As much as I hate to admit it, it still hurts like hell.

As quietly as I could, I decided to pack some clothes and head to my parents. Which is why, I'm here outside at a really early time in the morning sitting in my car just staring at their house, lost in thought.

"Leo?" my dad said, knocking on my side of the car window.

I jumped at the sudden sound and turned my head to where my dad is at.

"Come out. Come home," he said.

I quickly got out, grab my bags, and locked the door. Then I hugged my dad and we both walked into the house.

"What are you doing here so early? What are you doing here anyways?" My dad asked as I put my bags down and sat on the couch.

"I needed to clear my head. I couldn't sleep," I replied.

"And you came this far?"

I nodded.

"Is it Kayla?" He asked me.

"Kali told you?"

"No, you always come here when it's her. I know I'm old, but I'm not that old," he chuckled.

I chuckled with him.

"But what did she do, son?"

"She was at the Winter Ball," I said, hoping he would get it.

And he did.

"I don't know what to do, Dad. Every single time I see her, it brings back so many memories," I said rubbing my temples.

"You're strong, Leo. A girl can't just make you do that. You're making yourself do that. I think that all you need to do is move on. I just don't think you're ready for that yet," he said.

"Dad, I've been thinking about something. You, mom, Kali, and Rick won't like it though," I said.

I don't even think that Chelsea would even like it too.

"What is it?" he asked.

How would I say this? How can I say something that might change my or their life forever?

"I want to join the army," I said looking at him for a response.

"What do you have left to lose?" he asked even though he was still shocked from what I told him.

"I know that you guys can take care of each other. I have nothing left to lose," I replied.

"Do you promise to come home?"

"Yes, every time I get the chance to," I nodded.

"Your mother and Kali wouldn't like this idea," he sighed.

"I just need to get away. Away from everything," I replied.

"You can just take a vacation," my dad offered.

"Dad, it's not as easy as it sounds. I don't want to go and not have my mind occupied with anything. Where I'm going, you gotta think fast and just go with it. Whatever is your move, that is going to stay as your move," I said.

After a while, my dad finally gave in. I know that he doesn't want to lose me, but I need to just get away.

"Go up and get some sleep. We can talk about doing the paperwork in the morning," he replied.

With that, I got up and grabbed my bags and went up to my old room. On my way up the stairs, I stopped and looked down at my dad.

"Thanks, Dad," I smiled.