Chapter 3

It was the end of Laila's first day, she put everything into her locker at the edge of the hallway and closed it. Phone in hand and her white backpack on her back. She closed the locker and turned around one of the popular boys names Jack punched her right in the eye and lip. She feel right to the floor and he started to kick her agent the locker and just keep kicking. Grayson came running over and kicked Jack right in the leg and he fell back. Grayson sat on top of him and punched him back and forth over and over again. Got up and picked Laila up. She was crying and holding her rib cage, he took her to the hospital just in case.

The doctor said she will be fine, she will just have some bruises and they but he could do is give her some pain killers, so he did. After getting her painkillers, Grayson helped Laila back to his truck. "Thank you for everything you've done and being such a good friend to me." Laila said to Grayson as he helped her into the truck, she picked her up behind the legs and behind the neck and into the passenger seat. As he got into the driver's seat he said to Laila "Of course. Laila, could you tell me about yourself. You seem like the type of girl that would be super smart and full of amazing and fascinating stories."

"Well, My dad was married once before he had me. He had Brady at the age of 19 and cade at 20. After the boys were between 3-5 they divorced, he meet my mom and dated for 5 years before they got married. Had me almost a year after there wedding day, we have family videos from when Brady and Cade meet me. After 3 years they had my baby sister Gracie who became my best friend and still is. A year later we moved to Wyoming, where Chase was born. My older brothers and I would always go fishing in the summer and fall, in the summer we would walk past the fair and I would always wish I could go to the fair and not fishing. After 9 months of living there we moved back home when Brady and Cade lived full time at there moms. When Brady was a freshman he moved in with us, I was in 2nd grade at that point. I would go into his room and watch him play video games. When we was a sophmore and i was in 3rd grade Cade moved in with us also. Around the same time Brady meet my sister in law nicole, she was a senior when he was a junior. After Cade moved out, started college we moved out here. I get to see them on Holidays and birthdays." Laila answered.

"What about Jordan and Austin?" Grayson asked. "Well Jordan didn't grow up with the best of parents so he came to live with us and he became another brother figure to me. Same with Austin, his parents kicked him out and he was best friends with Brady. I have 5 brothers, i never really get to see them other than Chase but there still the world to me." Laila said with a huge smile on his face.