Chapter 29

Laila ran to the elevator and went to floor two and went to the older man at the front desk and asked for Grayson Dolan and he pointed at a closed door and she ran into the room.

" Laila?" Grayson said with a very quiet voice

"Yes baby it's me. What happened?"

"I went to check your text so now i'm here."

"Are you okay?!"

"Of course not! If I do live I'm going to end up half a man, my legs are gone, my spin is all kinds of fucked up, something is wrong with my brain with blood and everything. I'm sorry Laila. If I die. There's a letter for you in my bedroom under my pillow." As they wheeled Grayson away.

Laila went out to the waiting room and found Grayson's brother Ethan. "Thanks for being here Laila with me, I can't be alone worrying about my twin brother's life." Ethan said. "I know, I can't be alone either. It's all my fault. I texted him at the wrong time saying I lOVE YOU and he had told me he's driving and I should have waited to text him till I knew he was not driving but no. It's all my fault. HIS DEATH IS GONNA BE MY FAULT ETHAN! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" Laila said crying into Ethan's shirt.

For the next 48 hours Ethan and Laila just sat there, barely sleeping, waiting, thinking, wondering, until the surgeon came over to them. "I'm guessing you're Grayson's twin, and his girlfriend?" The doctor said. "Yes." they both said and nodded there heads and held hands waiting.

"I'm so... so sorry. We did everything we could do, it just wasn't enough." The doctor. "What are you saying?" Laila asked. "He's... dead Laila." Ethan said as he sat down with his eye wide and looking straight at the wall. "I'm sorry. His last words were "My last thoughts were of the love of my life and my forever supporter. Ethan and Laila."

Ethan stepped out of the room and called his parents and Laila called hers. "Mommy..." Laila said when her mom picked up the phone. "What happened sweetie?"

"He's... gone... dead... forever mom!"