Chapter 5

After they hung around at Laila's house for a while. "Would you like to join us for dinner Grayson?" Laila's Mom asked. "That would be very nice, thank you Mrs.Baker." He answered "Oh please just call me Barb. This is my Husband Travis." She said as she looked over at the very tall big man coming into the room. He was very tan and had brown hair with a brown beard and mustache that had started to turn gray. He had Black framed thick glasses. "Nice to meet you sir." Grayson said as he shock Travis's hand. They both gave a nice firm squeeze to the hand shake "Its very nice to meet you too Mr.Grayson."

After a while of sitting on the couch Barb and Travis came down stairs. "Sorry kids but we need to run, food is ready just dish up the kids and clean up when you're done. We'll be home after midnight, don't wait up." Bard said as her and travis grabbed their coats and ran out the door. "That was a little wired don't you think?" Laila asked.

"Yeah Just a little. Want me to get cups and plates and everything?"

"Yeah that would be very nice of you. We dish up in the kitchen, i'll go get the little ones."

...

After dinner Grayson put on some music and helped Laila do the dishes. Laila had her siblings do their homework, take showers and get ready for bed. As they were doing dished Grayson splashed Laila with the water "GRAYSON MY MAKEUP!" She yelled. "Laila I like you for you, with or without makeup. You're beautiful no matter what." He said. She splashed water into his hair "LAILA MY HAIR!" He yelled. "Grayson I like you for you, with or without your hair being perfect.You're handsome no matter what" She said. They both smiled and laughed.

After dishes it was 9 o'clock Laila sent her little sister and brother to bed so they could get a good night sleep. As soon as the kids shut their doors Grayson picked up Laila over his shoulder and her face was right by his butt. "GRAYSON BAYLIE DOLAN!!!!!" Laila yelled out from her lungs. "LAILA SWAI BAKER!!!!!" Grayson yelled back but even louder just to mock Laila. "Put be down you goober!" She demanded. He didn't put her down so she started to kick her legs and swing her arms until he put her down. Her hair was wild mess now, she looked angry and started to pout. He got real close to Laila, ran his fingers threw her hair grabbed her by the waist to pull her in closer, tilted her head up with his hand under his chin and kissed her. The kiss was soft and sweet, short but amazing. One that she'd never forget, and neither would Grayson.