Chapter 10

"Grayson whats going on?! I'm scared!" Laila said as you hear the fear in her voice.

"Honey, the power just went out. It's okay, I promise i'll always protect you. We'll be okay."

Grayson grabbed Laila hand and walked into the kitchen feeling around he found a flashlight, candles, and a lighter. His mom, dad, and brother are all upstairs so they walk up there.

"HELLO?! GRAYSON IS THAT YOU!?"

"Yes, I have Laila with me. Were coming Ethan."

As they get up to the highest level of the house and there's flashlight, solar power lights, candles, and everyone was save with blankets, water, food, and things to do. The worst part about this wasn't the storm, this was Laila's first time meeting the family.

"Mom, Dad, Ethan, This is my girlfriend Laila. Laila this is my Mom Lisa, My dad Sean and my twin brother Ethan."

"It's so nice to finally meet you, Grayson has told us so much about you!" His Mom says as she hugs her, and of course Laila hugs back and says "Thank you!"

"I just hope you're as smart and kind as he says you are Ms. Baker." His father says. "Well Thank you Mr.Dolan I can try my best." she says and they all laugh.

Ethan stands up and shakes you hand and says "It's about time I meet you, the way Grayson talks about you I had to meet you. You really are a pretty girl." "Well thank you Ethan, and i promise i'll be careful with him." She answered.

After about an hour and a half of just talking about Laila and her past about Iowa and her health story they finally start talking about how great they would be together as parents and Lisa even started talking about a wedding. As the wind started to pick-up, Laila got more scared. Right around 11:30 that night you could hear the rain, hail, cars being pushed by wind in the streets, tree's hitting the house and road signs hit the sidewalk.

It was around midnight when Laila crawled into Grayson's lap and just hugged him and he covered themselves in a blanket and laid down and they fell asleep.