I'm An Idiot

Seth POV

I watched Mal pass me, hips swinging. I would have been following the movement had it not been for the fact that all the males in the caf were currently doing the same. My wolf didn't know who to attack first.

And who's fault is it that no one knows she's ours? My wolf grumbled distractedly, eyeing the blond meathead, who was being particularly open in his stares. I scowled. You'd think people would have more respect for their future alpha.

Why would I care if people know she's ours or not? I asked trying to refocus on something other than the brunette that was walking away from me. To another dude. I swallowed a growl.

The guy was huge and tattooed.

What is with these people and tattoos? It seemed like everyone had at least one. I mean, yeah, I've got sleeves, but my mom almost had an aneurysm when she saw. No one seemed to think twice about it here.

Mal laughed at something the guy said. I growled, unable to bite it back this time.

Sure seems like you care. My wolf said, in that tone of voice that tells you that they'd be amused if they weren't so pissed at you. I rolled my eyes.

I felt a tugging on my arm, and I looked down at the blond that was clinging to me. I couldn't help but feel irritated about how disinterested I am. My wolf smiled smugly at me. I swallowed the irritated growl and refocused on the girl.

"Seth?" She asked, in a completely unattractive whiny voice.

I raised my eyebrows.

"There's this movie playing tonight. . . " She trailed off, clearing expecting me to finish and ask her to the movie.

My wolf snorted in derision.

What? I asked, irritated.

Nothing. Just thinking about Malakye, and how this is a tactic that she'd never use. He said this proudly, like it didn't make her a pain in the ass. He growled at me.

Well, it's not my fault she's so stubborn. My wolf stared blandly at me.

But even though your being equally stubborn she's the one that has to break first?

That's right. I sniffed. Why wasn't he getting this?

You are so full of it. Why is it that as soon as you meet mate, the one we're destined to be with, you forget that you wished every girl you've ever gone out with had half the backbone mate does? He asked, totally and completely fed up with me. He's not wrong though. Every girl I've ever been with, I've wished they'd be more. . .well, like her.

I refused to think about the fact that this made me different from most males, and that my mate was like that--had a backbone, I mean--was definitely not a coincidence.

"Seth?" Blond Girl pulled on my arm again. I looked at her. Then I looked up and saw Mal watching me. Or maybe Blond Girl. The look on her face was murderous, so it was hard to tell.

But still, I sighed, she was beautiful.

Her mahogany hair framed her face and her dark gray eyes shone with intelligence and mischief. Her small nose and full lips, paired with the big eyes, gave her an innocent look.

Which I fell for.

She wasn't very tall, but her legs seemed to go on and on anyway, and she had curves, despite the slimness of her waist.

I got an idea.

My wolf started howling and thrashing. No! Don't you dare!

I smirked at Mal, watching her face closely. She had an amazing poker face, but being mates gave me an advantage. I watched as her gaze turned less violent and more suspicious.

Good.

Noooo! My wolf howled.

Too late.

I smashed my lips to the girl who's name I didn't even know.

I'm such an idiot.

Well. I thought I'd try Seth's POV. Not sure HOW well I did, but writing from a dude's POV is not easy. Anyway, hope you like.

Vote! Comment!

P.S. I noticed I used the word "irritating" a lot. I'll try to use a thesaurus next time.