They're Coming For You.

Kody glared at me. I smiled sweetly and got off Seth, who was looking like he was torn between ripping Kody's head off--which I could totally get behind--or doing a happy dance--which I could get behind as well.

But I was leaning more towards the former.

I propped my hands on my hips, raised an eyebrow, and bared my teeth at Kody, in something that loosely resembled a smile.

"Did you say something about rogues?" I asked pleasantly. Kody's glare faded, and he nodded, worry etched on his face.

"There is a-a pack of rogues heading here." He said, now more confused. I knew why. Rogues don't do the whole "pack thing". The most members a group of them would have is usually three or four--and their all related. Or mates.

"How many?" I asked, chewing my lip. Seth was staring at me. I huffed impatiently and popped the back of his head.

I'm biting my lip. We have bigger things to worry about right now. I told him. He gave me the puppy dog eyes.

This boy will be the death of me, I swear.

Yeah, but at least he's worth it. My wolf sighed wistfully. My face scrunched up. I swear my wolf is so--

"Mal?" Kody waved a hand in front of my face.

"Huh?"

"The pack? The scouts say, about two hundred or so."

Crap.

Living in the pack house, there were about forty of us, over half of that being little kids. The rest of the pack lived anywhere from a few miles, to the edges of the territory from here. And the rogues have probably already gotten to them.

"When?"

"Too soon. Their already in the territory, we got some calls a few minutes ago. The members on the outskirts are coming. One thing though: they're coming from all directions." Kody said, his face hardening. I scowled. All directions? That means they've been planning this. Our territory is not small; we were one of the biggest packs in North America. To surround the territory, that would take a lot of planning.

"Why was I not aware of this sooner?" I asked my soon-to-be Beta. Did I not mention that? Yeah, Kody's gonna be my Beta.

He looked pointedly at the lamp. My scowl deepened, remembering what he interrupted. Then I snapped out of it.

Behave, Mal.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where you actually knew how to do that. My wolf said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

Really? Can't you be any more help, other than criticizing me?

Nope.

Why not???

Because, I want to stare at mate. She said simply. I smacked my forehead.

You are so--

"Mal?" Seth asked concerned, probably by the fact that my face has shown my growing irritation. I also noticed that Kody retreated, probably to avoid getting a concussion.

Wimp. My wolf huffed in agreement, then went back to staring adoringly at Seth.

It was a good thing he didn't know how she was, because any facade I put up about being "immune" to him--for the most part--would go down hill and--wait, why is he smirking?

Seth was looking at me, amused. I raised an eyebrow in question.

We're mated fully now. He whispered to me through the link. I froze, my eyes widening.

We're fully mated now. Our links are stronger. If he pushed into my mind hard enough he could have heard everything I said to my wolf and visa virsa. And I was preoccupied, with the rogues and my impossible wolf, I wasn't paying attention.

Oh crap. He heard all that!

I growled at my wolf.

Thank you so much for telling me! I told her--but not before slamming up my defenses. Being the future alpha means that my walls are harder to get through. That, and I'm just stubborn to begin with, so not even my dad--who is Alpha--can get through. Only my mom could. The thought made me a little sad, so I refocused on Seth.

He looked a little sad that I shut him out.

I really hated him right now. I mean, jeez! Does he have to look at me like that!?!

I sighed and hugged him, sticking my face in his neck and inhaling deeply.

Mmm, roasted apples and pine. It was a combo you wouldn't think smelled that great, but to me, it was heaven. Even better than the smell of Mexican food.

What? I like Mexican food.

"I'm not used to people in my head. Except my wolf, and trust me when I say I wish I could kick her out too."

Hey!

Seth chuckled and nuzzled me.

"What are you gonna do about the rogues?" He asked, sounding worried. I smiled up at him.

"What I planned originally." I grabbed his hand and pulled him to Dad's office. Since this was a formal ordeal, I had to be a respectful subordinate.

My least favorite thing to do. Well, other than read poetry. [A/N: READ the note at the end, all you poets!]

"Alpha Leland, I, Malakye Chase, mark Seth Hamilton, as my mate." I said, smirking slightly at Dad's disappointed face. I think he was hoping I'd rip Seth's throat out.

"I, Alpha Leland, sanction and bless the mating of, Malakye Chase and Seth Hamilton, may you have a joyful, understanding existence, appreciating what each other gives and gets." Dad said in his Alpha voice. The waves of energy lapped from the room, and I could hear my pack mates howling happily. In the distance, I could hear the rogues howling in annoyance.

I laughed and jumped into Seth's arms, wrapping my arms and legs around him.

"It worked!" I crowed, and kissed Seth. He smiled back at me.

Then his face contorted in pain, and I let my feet fall to the ground before he dropped me.

"Seth?" I shook his shoulder. "Seth!" I looked at Dad, who did not seem to be worried at all.

Oh, wait.

Alphas mate. . .reconnected to the pack. . .fierce headache. . .don't worry. . .if internal bleeding occurs, call doctor immediately.

Oh, now I remember. This was normal.

I rubbed Seth's back, and whispered softly, talking about the latest episode of Glee, and how waiting until April 2nd was torture, because I wanted Bones now!

Finally, Seth calmed, rubbing his temples. Dad tossed me a bottle of pills.

Swallowing the pills, Seth looked at me weirdly.

"What is Bones?" He asked. I gasped.

"This calls for immediate education of one of the best shows ever!" I grabbed his hand and pulled him to my room.

We stayed up all night watching reruns of Bones.I sighed happily.

I was with my mate, watching one of my favorite TV shows.

Life. Is. Good.

For now, anyway. . . .

So, do you like it? Is it funny, sad, bad, romantic???

Also, I AM a fan of Glee and Bones. Oh, yes. BONES. I LOVE that show.

Also, to all you poetry writers out there that I just alienated, I just want to say, I don't like reading poetry because I don't "get" it. It doesn't speak to me. But that doesn't mean, on the occasion I'm lucky enough to understand it, that I don't like it. Poetry is a literary form, so of course, should be celebrated.

Check out Lammalord.