24.

"brookie!" crystal yelled when the aforementioned woman came into the bar. holland and crystal ran up to her and grabbed her, pulling her to their table. everyone was already there, brooke being the exception because she had to wait on sprayberry to get to her house. brooke gave everyone a hug, excluding dylan.

"oh my god i love this song!" arden yelled, pulling shelley to the dance floor. brooke laughed at her tipsy friends.

"you coming?" posey asked her, motioning towards shelley and arden. brooke shook her head. "i'm getting a drink." she said.

"i'm about to win fifty dollars." crystal laughed, running to the dance floor to join her friends. brooke rolled her eyes and walked to the bar.

"what can i get you miss." the bartender asked her.

"a cosmopolitan." she answered, fiddling with a napkin on the bar. the bartender nodded and walked away, making her drink. brooke sighed. she wasn't feeling happy right now, seeing all of her friends having the time of their lives. she wanted to feel happy again, and that was too hard for her. "here you are miss." the bartender said, bringing her out of her thoughts. she pulled out her wallet, about to put money down when the man stopped her. "it's already paid for."

brooke's eyebrows furrowed, looking around the bar. "that better be worth it." she heard in her ear. her head shot to the side it came from and found dylan sitting on the bar stool beside her.

"did you pay for this?" she asked him.

"i did." he replied. brooke took money out of her wallet and tried to give it to him. "what are you doing?"

"i'm paying for my drink." she said, still trying to give him the money.

"brooke, stop." he said, pushing her hands back towards her. "you don't have to."

"dylan-"

"brooke." he interrupted her. "you can pay me by dancing with me."

"i don't want-"

"you don't have a choice." he said, grabbing her hand and pulling her off the bar stool. she took one last sip of her drink, leaving it on the table her friends were once at, as they passed it. she could see shelley, holland, and arden dancing with each other as they reached the dance floor. daniel and crystal were laughing at each other's dance moves. posey was talking to some girl, and hoechlin was just drinking a beer. she could see colton jamming out to the music playing and she chuckled. she missed her friends, and this was what made her happy.

they got to the middle of the dance floor and dylan put his hands on her waist. she reluctantly put her's around his neck and they moved to the music. dylan's hands moved underneath the jacket she was wearing, resting on her covered lower back. her hands moved from his neck to his face as she looked into his eyes, the music seeming to fade out in her ears. it felt as if the world was stopping for the two of them.

dylan's eyes flicked from her lips to her eyes. they both started to lean in, forgetting about the environment they were in. they could feel all of the eyes from their friends on them. brooke could feel his hot breath as his lips got closer. her breath hitched and dylan took in a deep breath.

"dylan!" brooke and dylan broke apart at the sound of a girl calling his name. dylan turned around, finding the girl. brooke looked over his shoulder and her heart dropped all over again. in front of them was britt, the girl dylan cheated on her with. brooke took a step back as tears threatened to fall. bad memories were flooding her mind.

"what the hell are you doing here?" dylan asked her. brooke turned from the two and found her friend's eyes looking at her. holland came up to her and pulled her towards the rest of them. tyler pulled her into a hug, glaring at dylan and britt. tyler could feel brooke's tears against his shirt and his heart was breaking for his best friend. he kissed the top of her forehead and spoke softly. "it's okay brookie, it's okay." he looked back up at the two and saw them kissing, tyler clenching his fists in anger.

brooke turned towards dylan and britt, confused on tyler's change in mood. she saw them, lips locked, infatuated with each other. brooke felt as though her heart stopped in that moment. she grabbed onto tyler's arm for support because she felt like her legs might give out underneath her. "no." was all she said.

crystal grabbed her sister, bringing her out of the bar. holland walked up to dylan and britt, pulling the two apart. she slapped dylan as hard as she could before following crystal and brooke. tyler walked up to his old best friend and glared at him. "you broke her." he told him. "you broke her all over again."

"shit." dylan said, running a hand through his hair. "i'm so sorry." he begged tyler. "i'm so so sorry. i didn't mean to hurt her. it was all a mistake."

tyler didn't say anything. instead, he pushed dylan off of him and left the bar, his friends in tow.

[2/18/17]