57.

brookie:
i want to marry him

crys:
hello to you, too

crys:
so, you've made your decision?

brookie:
yeah, it wasn't a hard one

brookie:
i love him. i cannot breathe when i'm not with him, i've always felt that way.

crys:
well, i'm happy for you little sis

brookie:
thanks, c💘

brookie:
but quick question... how am i supposed to tell him i want to get married? 

***

"hey, baby." dylan said as he walked in the door of their home. brooke was curled up on the couch, watching "love, rosie." she had put the kids to bed hours ago so she could have time to herself.

"hi." brooke smiled. dylan leaned over the couch and kissed the top of her head. "how was your day?"

"good. i had a meeting with my manager about the movie. she said filming starts in a couple weeks." he said, taking a seat next to his girlfriend.

"i'm so excited for this movie." brooke said. "i missed working with you."

"i missed it, too." dylan said, kissing her cheek. "what are we watching?"

"love, rosie." brooke smiled.

"you really love this movie, don't you?"

"yep, always."

"and forever?" he asked, holding out his pinky.

"and forever." she repeated, linking her pinky with his. "i love you."

"i love you, too." he smiled at her.

then, she had a spurt of confidence.

"marry me." she said.

"what?" dylan asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"marry me." she repeated.

"um-"

"dylan, i love you, and i don't want to live one more second without being your wife. you are and will always be my husband, and i want to make it official again, even if we have to go to the courthouse and get married there." she smiled. "plus, i found the ring."

"dammit you weren't supposed to see that." he chuckled. "hold on just a second."

brooke's face showed confusion as dylan jumped up from the couch and raced upstairs.

"babe, what are you doing?" she yelled up the stairs. instead of getting a response, she heard loud footsteps coming back down.

dylan walked over to the couch and got down on one knee. "if we're gonna do this, we're gonna do it right." he said as he pulled the velvet box out of his pocket.

"brooke sophia r-"

"yes. yes." she yelled. "just kiss me already."

dylan smiled as he slid the ring on her finger and jumped back on the couch to kiss her. he laid her on her back as he hovered over her. "god, you're beautiful."

"i'm so in love with you." she said. dylan connected their lips again.

"i'm in love with you, too."

[4/12/17]