28.

brooke called a babysitter for her kids and met up at the restaurant with her friends. as always, she was late.

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry." brooke said, sliding into the booth, next to tyler. "the babysitter got held up and i had to wait for her to get there."

"it's okay, b." tyler said, putting his arm around her. "we're just glad you're here." he kissed her temple. a few "aww's" and "ooo's" came from the girls, but brooke just rolled her eyes. tyler, on the other hand, was turning red from embarrassment.

"i ordered you a wine." shelley said. "the waiter hasn't taken our order yet." brooke smiled at her friend. "thank you, shells."

"so, did you hear that charlie puth is opening for shawn mendes?" crystal asked, purposely getting her sister's attention.

"of course i did." brooke said. "fucking sucks that i can't go to his concert." she pouted.

"two kids and you still have a potty mouth." sprayberry said.

"i thought you were grounded." brooke glared at him. he gulped and looked back at his menu.

"charlie puth?" tyler asked. crystal mentally slapped her forehead, forgetting about the bella situation from several years ago.

"i'm so sorry, ty." crystal said. "i totally forgot."

"no, it's fine." tyler smiled. "he's a good singer."

"he really is." brooke said. "but not as good as shawn."

the waiter came back and gave them their drinks before taking their order. he walked away afterwards, leaving them to talk amongst themselves.

tyler looked up and his eyes went wide. brooke hadn't noticed because she was looking at her phone. he kicked crystal and shelley under the table, getting their attention.

"ow, what the hell ty." crystal complained. tyler threw a finger over his mouth to tell her to be quiet. crystal rolled her eyes and mouthed "what." tyler looked glanced behind them, making the two girls turn around.

"shit." shelley breathed out. she got arden and holland's attention, showing them the problem that was at the table next to their's. holland placed her fingers on her temple, trying to calm herself down.

"brooke, lets go to the bathroom." holland said, grabbing the girl so she couldn't see what was going on in front of her. "come on." she told shelley, crystal, and arden. the girls got up and crystal spoke to tyler. "take care of this." tyler nodded, watching the girls walk to the bathroom.

"what's going on?" daniel asked.

"dylan's here." tyler said, looking behind daniel and over to dylan. "with britt."

"fuck." sprayberry said under his breath.

"what are we gonna do?" hoechlin asked tyler. "brookie can't know they are here. it will kill her."

"i know." tyler said.

"what's your plan?" colton asked.

"i don't know." tyler said.

"i have one, lets beat that bitch up." sprayberry said, standing up.

"sit your ass down." hoechlin said, pulling him down so dylan didn't see him. "he's gonna see us."

"i'll be back." tyler said, getting up.

"what the hell are you doing?" daniel asked nervously. "this isn't going to end well." he sighed.

tyler reached dylan's table and stood at the end. "what are you doing here?" he asked dylan.

dylan's eyes went wide at the sight of his former best friend. "uh-hi."

"let me ask again, what the hell are you doing here?" tyler asked more sternly.

"i'm-we're on a date." dylan stuttered, glancing at britt who was smiling like nothing was wrong.

"are you fucking kidding me?" tyler said harshly. "brooke is here."

"sh-she is?"

"yes." tyler said. "and you've already broken her heart more times than it needed to be broken, and i won't let you do it again."

"we're not leaving." britt said. "right dylan?"

"m-maybe we should." dylan said, gathering his things. britt put her hands on his and stopped him.

"we are not leaving." she said with a smile.

"if she cries over you tonight, i will end you." tyler said before walking back to his table. he sat down and saw the stares from his friends.

"so?" hoechlin asked.

"i'm gonna kill him." tyler said.

"gonna kill who?" brooke asked, sitting back at the table. holland had managed to keep her eyes off dylan the whole way back to the table.

"my brother." tyler laughed. "he said he has a surprise for me and i hate surprises." he lied.

"oh." brooke said smiling. tyler put his arm back around brooke and watched dylan as she continued her conversation with shelley, arden, crystal, and holland. dylan made eye contact with tyler and once he saw tyler's arm around brooke, he became stiff. he hated seeing his ex- best friend comfort the love of his life over something he didn't have any control over. britt was blackmailing him, and there was no way to stop it.

[2/22/17]

okay. whoa. charlie puth is opening for shawn and i'm going to have a panic attack. i'm going to his concert on july 31st and i get to see charlie puth AND the love of my life?? i literally cried in school when i saw the tweet, not kidding.

(pretend that the concert is in the year 2019 for the purpose of this book)

in other news, i have a cole sprouse book out right now and you should go check it out:)))