38.

brooke and dylan were cuddling in brooke's bed, the faint sound of the office playing in the background. they were holding hands, dylan's thumb was rubbing the top of her hand. her head was resting on his shoulder, their legs intertwined, even though his leg was broken.

dylan still had casts on his arm and leg, but his head was fine, according to the doctors, and his ribs needed time to heal. he had a brace around his chest for his them.

brooke was so happy that he had gotten lucky and survived the accident. the only thing she was scared of was her proclamation of love because she didn't know if it was because she thought he was going to die, or if she really did want him back. she knew she loved him, but could she forgive him? it was going to be a long road, even though it seemed like everything was working out perfectly now.

"brooke i really need to explain something." dylan said, causing brooke to sit up. their hands untangled from each other and brooke held her hands together in her lap. this was the conversation she wasn't looking forward to.

"explain what?"

"the whole thing with britt."

"dylan i really don't want to talk about that." she said, running a hand through her long, black hair.

"you don't understand brooke. it's really, not what it looked like." he said, reaching for her hand but she pulled back. "do you actually think i would risk my chance to be with you again, for her?"

"it's not like you haven't done it before." she said softly. dylan's eyes showed sadness when she said that. he broke her heart. he knew that; however, the more they talked about it, the worse it made both of them feel.

"brooke please just listen." he begged. she nodded. "britt was blackmailing me." he said. "the night we were at the bar, she came up to me and showed me the pictures you sent me when we were dating."

"what pictures?" brooke said nervously.

"well, i was gone doing a movie and you got lonely so you sent me a few pictures..." dylan trailed off, brooke's face showing that she got what he was saying.

"oh my god." she whispered. "how does she have those." she ran both hands through her hair anxiously.

"i don't know, brooke." dylan said. "maybe she got them off my phone."

"you saved them!" she yelled.

"well, yeah!" dylan yelled back. brooke shook her head and rolled her eyes.

"well, what are we gonna do?" brooke asked. "she's gonna leak them since you left her."

"i know." dylan said quietly. "i'm so sorry brooke. i was trying to keep this from happening."

"it's fine." brooke said before sighing. "i'll figure it out."

"you don't need to do this alone." dylan said. "i can help. britt trusts me, i think."

"dylan, i can handle this. you need to heal."

"brooke, i'm not going to let you go fix my mistake."